well.. learned my lesson

TommyGunn1300

Registered
while taking the bike to the track a few weeks ago, the tie down broke and the bike fell over on the trailer while going down the road. i normally ALWAYS put 2 straps on each side but my buddy had his bike on there too so i gave him my other ones. damage to bike includes crack in nose fairing and cracks in right fairing as well as alot of paint rubed off from there the trailer side rail was rubbing on it. also took paint off front fender. so the question is

what color should i have it painted? i got a friend that paints cars at a body shop and he said if i bought the paint and a case of beer then we could do it one saturday at the shop. i liked the red but i think i want to change it up alittle to make it stand out from the other busas. i was thinking maybe either competition orange, white, or hunter green. any ideas? pics?

Last edited:
The only suggestion I have is paint it before you give him the beer...:laugh:

Sorry about your mishap. I personally like the Red but Hunter green could be a neat color to go with.

Comp orange or Atomic orange. Sorry about the damage. I remember seeing it that day and then double checking my straps on the way home. Good luck with whatever color choice you make.

Last edited:
Well, Um, Orange and black of course~!~ :laugh:

If it came down to it, I'd like to have some airbrushing done...

Sorry about the fall over. That sucks!! I don't think I have ever seen a Hunter Green Busa. That would look nice.

That sucks bro. Get some chocks, I had a strap snap on the way to the bash and the bike held perfect in my Condor chocks.

sc2000.jpg

yeah i should make me some of those..not a bad idea. so as of now i am down to comp orange, hunter green, or all black...blacked out EVERYTHING

Last edited:
but i think i want to change it up alittle to make it stand out from the other busas.
IMHO, orange will stand out more than hunter green or all black.

i feel your pain i had to get my front fender redone for almost the same reason but i just had it computer color matched and repainted... i think i stand out enough so why change it plus i just love kandy paint, i cant wait to be back. i swear i am going to hug the bike for a good 10mins and then take her out for some me and her time:laugh:

side busa.JPG

You must have freaked when you saw your 'bus fall over.

Back