woke up to this

biglubusa1

Registered
I bought these to lower my bike when i did the 300 kit and never thought in a million year this could happen.

links.jpg

I've always been very skeptical about those type of links with multiple holes drilled in them. I could never picture them NOT doing this...

I'm no engineer, but looking how close the bolt holes are, this isn't surprising in the least. Weakest point is pretty weak looking.

they look like Swiss cheese....:whistle: structual integrity was not the main focus when those where developed. personally I think most of the products thats company sells and slaps their name on it is pure junk! these are no exception.

they look like Swiss cheese....:whistle: structual integrity was not the main focus when those where developed. personally I think most of the products thats company sells and slaps their name on it is pure junk! these are no exception.

agree 100% :banghead:

Its a good thing they broke while sitting..
That would have sucked going down the road..
Did it do any damage to the bike?

Man thats ugly......I've always been afraid of those for that very reason. If I run lowering links they need to be BEEFY, nothing less if my life's literally riding on it!
And this isn't the first time I've seen this......

there should be the same material dimension as the hole diameter to edge...or you approach a failure. were you riding and felt a suspect problem? the load that is generated at the shock piviot is a key point charcteristic...soupys is a safe overkill part. consider the alternatives of that coming apart while on a high speed run

I bought these to lower my bike when i did the 300 kit and never thought in a million year this could happen.

i had the three position and saw it happen at the track ,that's aluminum and those links take alot of stress , got stainless steel adjustable links. Hope everything is Ok with you all:thumbsup:

I have pingles on mine and they have 3 holes lined up in a row to lower.That sucks and I am surprised roaring toys would carry junk like that really.Call them and let them know.

Back