I need help!!!!WANTED carbs 87 gsxr 750

hyhflo

Registered
i bought this bike for 300 large :thumbsup: and i cant find and used carbs for it.:banghead:Im thinking if you own a busa you had a gsxr back in the day.Please help
On a side note the kid i bought it from probably thought im taking this old mans money

are the carbs missing?

I had a 88 750 and it was cheaper to just rebuild then replace. I hate carbs so it never got done. I ended up selling the bike.:banghead:

goodluck

Keep hunting,in the $2-300 range you should be able to find a set of 36 or 38mm Mikuni flat slides with accelerator pumps. They are amazing compared to stock. Back in the day I had a 86 blue/white 750, a couple years later I picked up a red/black 87 1100, put flat slides on both. They'er worth every penny. If you find a good set of stockers, get a K&N jet kit-stageIII, thats also a good choice and money well spent. Check out racingjunk.com-lots of good stuff there. Still love those first gsxr's, if you need a hand and cover postage, I'd rebuildem' and install a kit for free, it just takes a few hours, then take it to your local shop and have them synchronized. I've done well over a hundred kits/rebuilds since the late 80's. It's always good to help others-what comes around,goes around:rulez: and also-:welcome: just let me know:beerchug: The last one I did was a couple of months ago for my friends '99 ZRX1100, he's still impressed with what an improvement it made, although his new found abilities for 3rd & 4th gear wheelies has attracted ALOT of unwanted attention:whistle: We want pics:rulez:

May want to ask around at TheGSResources.com. They deal mostly with 1986 or earlier bikes, but lot's of members have bikes beyond the target scope of the site.

Best of luck!

OK it's been a while but I'm thinking
86 had31 or 31.5mm and 87 had 32mm just going to the 32's made a huge difference and going to the carbs from the 88 89 bikes was much better. I would be careful and be pickey and get what you want. I still have a few sources from when I was riding racing these things but I promise anything out here will be in the $200/$300 range if its any good send me a PM I'll try to hook you up
SRAD

Back