Help! 08 gsxr 750

Powering the tip over switch directly from the battery makes the fuel pump hum, but not prime, and it also makes the fans come on.
Nothing makes any sense.

We were checking point to point with an ohm meter from the ecu plugs to the components each powered...until the ohm meter's battery died. We called it quits for the day.
The only conclusion we can draw is that a wire is broken and possibly near the ecu plugs(from simply moving things around, careful as we were), not allowing the tip over switch to be powered, and also causing a short which is causing other inconsistant issues.
I'm stumped and no one on the hack forums has any idea either. Petrik has yet to respond to me as well. Greg Smith has been extremely helpful but also does not know as he does not work with the gsxr's.
Murphy's law is in full force.

So check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As mentioned above the 08 gsxr 750 would not start after a flash, even after flashed back to stock with a base map.
The ecu was taken out and put into another 08 750, and that bike started. So we tried Everything else to fix the non running bike with no luck!
He put a used ecu in the non running bike today and it started right up!!!
Before anyone asks to, the guy with the running bike didn't want his good ecu put into the non running bike for fear of frying it, and I don't blame him. Had we just switched ecu's both bikes would have ran!
So...I remain baffled and extremely frustrated. I'm very happy that the bike runs now, but not knowing what the problem is really bothers me. I cannot be a decent mechanic and not know the how and why of a problem, but I don't feel too bad as NO ONE else knows either!
All I can assume is that there IS an ignition immobilizer in 08 U.S. model gsxr's(can't get a definate yes or no that there is or isn't one either), and it no longer recognizes the flashed ecu, even after flashed back to stock. I have no explanation why the other bike does.

So, in closing, I'de just like to point out that even the mighty power of the Org couldn't solve this one!!!:moon::laugh:

no one has ever fried an ecu I am sure its just a software compatability issue or something
Posted via Mobile Device
It was the ecu, He bought an ecu from GSXR.COM and had it flashed from them for his mods and derestrected now the bike is running again. Wow a month of messing with my sons bike. We finially took it to the dealership and they hooked it up to thier diag. and everything pointed to the ecu. Oh well its running really good now man what a job lol. Thanks again Marty for trying to figure all this mess out.

Just a thought - was this bike part of the rectifier recall? my 09 GXSR 750 was... throwing bad current can cause all sorts of problems...

Just a thought - was this bike part of the rectifier recall? my 09 GXSR 750 was... throwing bad current can cause all sorts of problems...

I have no idea, but if it was the rectifier the problem should not have been corrected by the new ecu. It's a long mind boggling problem that is yet to be solved. I currently belive that the supposed bad ecu is just locked up with certain security settings. That it will not communicate with the immobilizer in the guages on the bike it was flashed on. Strangely enough it will start another 08 750 though.???:laugh:
Thanks for trying though!

'08 GXSR 750's were recalled. Rec's usually don't cause serious problems until they get hot and completely fry - but they can also manifest intermittenly. Hate to see the same problem happen again. Just a thought :)

Back