Help! 08 gsxr 750

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
We have a 2008 gsxr 750 that we tried to flash the ecu on(have done 3 Busa's with zero issues). We installed the 2 wire jumper, and are 100% the wires are in the correct pin locations.
The flash was sucessfull. When we switched to engine data mode(when the fuel pump primes) the priming sound did not sound normal, it still does not. The bike will not start.
The bike displays C00 for no codes. The Throttle position sensor is making a strange buzzing sound that you can feel when you touch it.
My friend is on his way with a power probe.
Any ideas, or ways to test the TPS?
HELP! Please!

PM smithabusa, get in touch with Greg or Petrik

I have. I asked Greg before connecting the jumper if it was the same as the Busa, and he confirmed it was. There is no way to connect the jumper wrong either, other than backwards, which I'm 100% positive it was not.
I then emailed him about this problem quite a while later and have yet to hear back. I'm sure he'll respond tommorrow, or the next time his has a chance. Greg's been a great help to me before.

The bike continued to do strange things. The C00 or any code will no longer appear. The fuel pump will no longer prime, but it will run as long as the key is on.
The TPS stopped making any noise at all.
The lights and guages work and the bike turns over, but will not crank.
No fuses are blown, and several other strange things that will not happen consistantly.
I am afraid that the ecm/computer is fried. I don't know any way to test it either. I also do not know anyone else with an 08 750 where I could try this presumabley bad ecm on.
Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am seldom at a loss when working on anything, but this one has me puzzled. Even if the ecm turns out to be fried I have no idea what caused it.

After some digging I found some info "claiming" the 08/09 600 and 750 use the same ecm.
Doesn't sound right to me, but can anyone confirm this?
There may possibly be an 08/09 gsxr600 we can put the presumed bad ecm into to see if the 600 will run correctly.

I have. I asked Greg before connecting the jumper if it was the same as the Busa, and he confirmed it was. There is no way to connect the jumper wrong either, other than backwards, which I'm 100% positive it was not.
I then emailed him about this problem quite a while later and have yet to hear back. I'm sure he'll respond tommorrow, or the next time his has a chance. Greg's been a great help to me before.

EDIT, the jumper connects to the "yosh plug" the same as the Busa.
Ecm side is 17 blue, 29 brown
This changes nothing about my situation, but after re reading my post it appeared to me that I was misrepresenting exactly what Greg said.

Hey there marty for best support on software I would post on ecu hack forum and facebook petrik and justin don't monitor this site.
Posted via Mobile Device

no one has ever fried an ecu I am sure its just a software compatability issue or something
Posted via Mobile Device

i still think its just a software type issue, is the part number you are starting off with match the part number on the ECU? For example USA bikes with a european bin file won't run due to the imobilizer etc. I would put up a post on facebook petrik watches there, unfortunately the gixxer stuff i haven't dabbled in at all personally yet.

It's my sons bike and Marty stayed up till 1:00 am trying to fix this problem i feel so bad for Marty he has really exhausted all his and his friends idea'. I'm sure between all of us we'll figure it out. Thanks again for staying up so late and towing his bike back home at such a late hour, your a very stand up guy. We'll figure it out:thumbsup:

It's my sons bike and Marty stayed up till 1:00 am trying to fix this problem i feel so bad for Marty he has really exhausted all his and his friends idea'. I'm sure between all of us we'll figure it out. Thanks again for staying up so late and towing his bike back home at such a late hour, your a very stand up guy. We'll figure it out:thumbsup:

Thanks alot Mark, but don't thank me, as I feel awful that this happened. I will make it right. If only I could find out what's going on:banghead:
I just posted this on the ecu hack forum and I'm praying and hoping the right eyes find it. If the bike needs an ecm then that's what I'll do. I'm only concerned to find the real problem first.

Go into advanced settings and select ecu type and put us, you are likely flashing a european file with imobilizer to the bike which it doesn't have and won't let it start
Posted via Mobile Device

Go into advanced settings and select ecu type and put us, you are likely flashing a european file with imobilizer to the bike which it doesn't have and won't let it start
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you sir. The bike is no longer here, but I'll contact Mark and go try it today.

No fuel, no fire, which seems to be because there is no power to the tip over switch.
???

Powered tip over switch, same problem???

Ecu also started another identical bike, so the ecu is ok.
Fuel pump relay is good, kickstand and clutch switch are good. All fuses are good.

Back