I woke up this morning....

jokerjoed

Registered
Well, I woke up this morning and decided to drive to Canada. No particular reason, just to go for a drive. All back roads through VT on the way up and mostly highway (70%) on the way home. Along the way (583 miles), a few observations and questions came to my head, here they are.

1. After 583 miles, my a$$ feels like
spank.gif

2. If you are in central/northern VT, both RT 17 and 108 are worth the trip
ThumbsUp.gif

3. I was on a back country road and came up on a group of 6 bikes. After a few minutes and a couple turns, it was apparent they were all together. It was not a "sports" bike group nor was it a "Harley" group. This group contained a couple BMW's, couple Harley' a older Honda and some another cruiser. On this nice, empty, 50 MPH country road, this group of bikes continuously slowed down when approaching each turn and every oncoming car. At one point, slowing down to below 40
wtf.gif

Now, my question - Would you pass them?
dunno.gif
I find that I don't pass bikes as readily as I do cars. If I came upon a car, no question, pass, but do you always pass bikes that are going slower than you would like to?

4. I used Tyre software to plan my trip. I links Google Maps
google.gif
and my TomTom GPS. If you've never used it, give it a try.

Thats it, time for bed...

Agree_drink.gif

Depends mostly on road and probably how impatient I am feeling. I have to agree that I am not in as much of a hurry to pass a group of bikes. Faced this the other day and rather than tailgate 2 bikes and make them feel like I was pushing, as the road didn't have any real great passing zones, I pulled over for about 2 minutes and took off again and had a nice stretch of clear road. Guess I am getting older but I still enjoy smokin' 'em too.
whistling.gif

Nothing wrong with passing them.

Also nothing wrong with them cruising down the road the way they were. Just riding is enough. Not having to be on a time restricted ride that way it sounds they were going is something a lot of us wish we had enough time for. HAHA! Maybe they were breaking in a buddy who just got over a wreck. +1 for them for hanging with the slowest rider rather then pushing him beyond his limits! HAHA!

Either way pass them safely giving them that wave/nod of acknowledgment as you go by!

Sounds like you had a great day otherwise. Unfortunately not much here in Florida(west coast) really worth of a breathe taking ride. I do however feel more relaxed after a trip down us19. Mostly cause I survived that trip!  
laugh.gif
Us19 at one point was the number 1 road in the us for accidents. Prob still rated up there still.

Passing them is ok as long as its not in a reckless manner that would put them at risk. Like a standing it on the rear tire an flipping them off with one hand. If I didn't have any particular place to go or time to be there I just ease on the throttle an ride along. I like group rides.

Back