Fairing Prep and Repair

chrisabruce

Registered
Is it possible to fix a cracked fairing? If so how or links to how?

Also, can scratched be sand out of fairing. My bike went down and both sides are scratched. I would like to prep them for painting, but wondering if I need to use some kind of filler and what the best way to sand the old paint off would be?

Thanks,

Chris

Is it possible to fix a cracked fairing?  If so how or links to how?

Also, can scratched be sand out of fairing.  My bike went down and both sides are scratched.  I would like to prep them for painting, but wondering if I need to use some kind of filler and what the best way to sand the old paint off would be?

Thanks,

Chris
Yes, it's possible. And yes, some scratches can be sanded out instead of having to be filled. The trick is feathering around where you sanded out scratches and makin' it all level without changin' the lines of the panel. I just got my hands on a cracked upper and I am planning to take step by step photos of the repair. It'd take WAY too long to try and explain the repair in this post without pics.
drooling3.gif

If you can wait, I am going to try and pick up some repair materials and do the repair with photos in the next few days...

Back