Fork servicing

(Rhythm @ Dec. 11 2006,14:06)
lurk.gif
Quit half steppn and get to the good stuff Wag, I need some good technical reading material for the shiddr.
tounge.gif
We're getting there, man! I started the tear-down yesterday and I'll do the full write-up as soon as I git 'r' done!

I'm ordering the parts today (apparently they don't have them stocked locally) and it should be about a week before they get here.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Dec. 12 2006,08:48)
(Rhythm @ Dec. 11 2006,14:06)
lurk.gif
 Quit half steppn and get to the good stuff Wag, I need some good technical reading material for the shiddr.  
tounge.gif
We're getting there, man!  I started the tear-down yesterday and I'll do the full write-up as soon as I git 'r' done!

I'm ordering the parts today (apparently they don't have them stocked locally) and it should be about a week before they get here.

--Wag--
Awight bro, but dont forget a thread is totally worthless without photos and I mean lotz of photos !
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I have started to hear kinda a squashy squeak when hitting a bump just when a ride starts
rock.gif
Sounds more from the R-side top of fork area
all_coholic.gif
I have all the adjustments almost to the max for 200 lb rider. Should i be concerned about this. I hear of broken springs gouging the fork and make in em junk. 7k and have i hurt my baby here!

Mine never started to squeak or anything but if you need to replace your seals, it would be a good idea. Check for leaking, pitting or scoring on the visible part of each fork.

--Wag--

So I have a question for those of you that installed the Racetech springs: did you cut the stock spacer? According to the instructions, I need 20mm preload, which means I need to cut the spacer down some. 1kg springs....

So I have a question for those of you that installed the Racetech springs: did you cut the stock spacer? According to the instructions, I need 20mm preload, which means I need to cut the spacer down some. 1kg springs....

Hey man do not cut the spacer for the 1kg springs I have the 2kg springs in mine and all that had to be done was the spacer needed to be trued up if you need help feel free to PM me or if you want to come to Austin I can help you get this knocked out in couple hours I have all the tools to service the forks :whistle:

hmmm, that would add a bunch of preload to the springs; they are quite abit longer than the stockers... just want to be 100% sure before I put them back together... coil bind would suck......

Upon further review, I have the wrong springs... next problem is I have had them sitting around for a few months and Kneedraggers isn't keen to make it right.

Back