Fork servicing

(Shibumi @ Dec. 10 2006,10:26) Just went on the Racetech website and used their spring rate calculator, even at a buck 70 (too much Honey-Baked ham Thanksgiving!) it says I need the .95 spring in place of the .85 stock.  
SHOCKED.gif

So I'm guessing all you manly men types on the board REALLY need an upgrade when the chance arises! Like tax return time...   $$$

Speaking of which,  looking at $420 for parts with re-valving included, without tools and talent (mostly!) wouldn't parts and labor at a dealer cost about as much as a new Ohlins set of forks for about $950 from hardracing.com?
Ohlins for $950...the Road + Track forks go for over 2 GRAND
wink.gif

Well. here's what you want right here then- just tell your wife "But honey, it was ON SALE!!"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

*ALL NEW*

2007 SUPERBIKE FORKS
Part # FGR 700
Retail - $14,299
Sale Price - $8979

PG.jpg (2472 bytes)
FGR700 is the Very Essence of Front For Technology and is the evolutionary result form the FG570 & FG670.
The New, improvemed forks come fully packed with technical solutions from Ohlins Moto GP Technicians.
The Fork buttom and upper fork tube are all made of high quality 7075-T6 aluminium to guarantee a long life without malfunction.

NEW Features:
- Lighter Inner & Outer Tubes
- CNC Machined Upper Fork Legs, create Tuned Flex
- Approx. 500gr Lighter than Last Years FG570
- All New Fork Bottom Design
- New Improved Setting, easier to adjust
- New Cap Top Design
- New Manual with More Details
- Improved Internal Valving
- These are the Very Same Forks, the Best Riders in the
World are currently Using

Standard Features:
TTX20 Technology Inside
Pressure Balance Damping System
Completely Separate Compression and Rebound Function
Radial Mtn. Caliper Brackets, All New Internals/Valving , New Spring Guides, Interchangeable Caliper Brackets, Increased Damping Characteristics and Front End Feedback.

Ohlins.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I mean please for the love of God, tell me do these forks RIDE THE BIKE FOR YOU?!
rock.gif

"Yeah, just bought the fastest bike in the world. Then I spent the same amount of money replacing the front forks."

Is it worth that much?
rock.gif

How about the $998 Ohlins fork replacement 46PRXLS, better than replacing with cartridges in stock forks?

rock.gif

(CAT3 @ Dec. 10 2006,14:44) Wag, lemme know if you need to use my front stem stand, they make life so much easier....especially when you get to do fork R&R inside the house
smile.gif
If I have time I could offer an extra pair of hands, that'll allow warwgn to polish the beers (I rarely drink) and take pics
smile.gif
You could always knock off an about 30min of the job and pick up the Fork Service Tool Kit from Traxxion $89, has the manual compressor, fluid fill and checker, purge rod etc...

Charlie
If you're going to be in the area, absolutely! I'd love to have ya over to do suspension work. At the very least, you can point and laugh at me!
biggrin.gif

Tuesday, I'm going to see if the local RaceTech dealer has everything in stock. If so, I'll start on this on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

Maybe we can talk MrGxr into coming over too!

I'll make sure we have plenty of beer. Name yer poison and I'll get it. Unless it's something made in the jungles of Peru by the descendants of the former residents of Macchu Picchu.

biggrin.gif

--Wag

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

(Shibumi @ Dec. 10 2006,14:34) I mean please for the love of God, tell me do these forks RIDE THE BIKE FOR YOU?!
rock.gif

"Yeah, just bought the fastest bike in the world. Then I spent the same amount of money replacing the front forks."

Is it worth that much?  
rock.gif

How about the $998 Ohlins fork replacement 46PRXLS, better than replacing with cartridges in stock forks?
The 46PRXLS is the rear shock only
wink.gif

rock.gif

(Shibumi @ Dec. 10 2006,15:37) Uh, a little late but-

Wag, sorry for thread-jacking...
sad.gif
No biggie. Still pretty much on topic. The wiff insisted that for that price, those forks better pretty much grant any sexual favor you could possibly ask for.

biggrin.gif
bluegrab.gif

--Wag--

(Shibumi @ Dec. 10 2006,14:30) Well. here's what you want right here then- just tell your wife  "But honey, it was ON SALE!!"  

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

*ALL NEW*

2007 SUPERBIKE FORKS
Part # FGR 700
Retail -  $14,299
Sale Price - $8979

PG.jpg (2472 bytes)
FGR700 is the Very Essence of Front For Technology and is the evolutionary result form the FG570 & FG670.
The New, improvemed forks come fully packed with technical solutions from Ohlins Moto GP Technicians.
The Fork buttom and upper fork tube are all made of high quality 7075-T6 aluminium to guarantee a long life without malfunction.

NEW Features:
- New Cap Top Design

Standard Features:
TTX20 Technology Inside
Radial Mtn. Caliper Brackets, All New  Internals/Valving , New Spring Guides, Interchangeable Caliper Brackets, Increased Damping  Characteristics and Front End Feedback.
Those are the Super Bike Forks as in WSB...for MotoGP ya could add a ZERO
wow.gif
MotoGP bikes cost about 1 MIL$$$$$$$

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 10 2006,16:54)
(Shibumi @ Dec. 10 2006,14:30) Well. here's what you want right here then- just tell your wife "But honey, it was ON SALE!!"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

*ALL NEW*

2007 SUPERBIKE FORKS
Part # FGR 700
Retail - $14,299
Sale Price - $8979

PG.jpg (2472 bytes)

NEW Features:
- New Cap Top Design

Standard Features:
TTX20 Technology Inside
Radial Mtn. Caliper Brackets, All New Internals/Valving , New Spring Guides, Interchangeable Caliper Brackets, Increased Damping Characteristics and Front End Feedback.
Those are the Super Bike Forks as in WSB...for MotoGP ya could add a ZERO
wow.gif
MotoGP bikes cost about 1 MIL$$$$$$$
Yeah, nothing like one-off hand made from the ground up!

Man, talk about balls- spend a mill on a bike, hand it to a twenty-year old and tell him "Take it out and see how fast it will go..."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(Shibumi @ Dec. 10 2006,15:58) Yeah, nothing like one-off hand made from the ground up!

Man, talk about balls- spend a mill on a bike, hand it to a twenty-year old and tell him "Take it out and see how fast it will go..."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, no kidding.

eek2.gif

--Wag--

laugh.gif

Louis, I will be off over the w/e. During the week, the only day off will be Tuesday. After this week, we go to every other morning only during the Christmas exidous. So, from the 16th til 2 Jan I am much more available. But if you want to get it done before the w/e, I could try and meet with you half way and drop off the stem stand if you want, just lemme know.

Charlie

Oh yeah, looking at the gunk built up around your lower fork, I think I could have said mine wasn't even leaking! Man, thats a lot of grime on there. I'd say I lost b/w 5 to 10cc of fluid max. I'm too paranoid with the way we ride to be rolling on leaking forks.

(Wag @ Dec. 10 2006,15:36) Tuesday, I'm going to see if the local RaceTech dealer has everything in stock.  If so, I'll start on this on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.  

--Wag
who are you getting your parts from?? Just curious.

(CAT3 @ Dec. 10 2006,17:14) Oh yeah, looking at the gunk built up around your lower fork, I think I could have said mine wasn't even leaking! Man, thats a lot of grime on there. I'd say I lost b/w 5 to 10cc of fluid max. I'm too paranoid with the way we ride to be rolling on leaking forks.
I'll be okay without the stand. An eight-hour drive (between us both) would cost more than buying myself one! I really do appreciate the offer and you are STILL always welcome to visit any time!

The first time I noticed it leaking was just before our trip to Tucson in November. It was juuuuuuuust a little tiny bit of grime collecting at the bottom of the dust seal but it didn't seem to have any fluid on the tube at all.

After the Tucson trip is when I first noticed the problem as bad as it is now which means that it went from a little bad to a lot bad in about about 1,600 miles. Sux, man. Since then, I've put about 200 more miles on it but very slow, easy, around town kind of miles and as of Sunday, it's parked until the forks are done.

Today, I'll tear it apart just to guarantee myself of that fact!

--Wag--

(warwgn @ Dec. 11 2006,06:52)
(Wag @ Dec. 10 2006,15:36) Tuesday, I'm going to see if the local RaceTech dealer has everything in stock. If so, I'll start on this on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

--Wag
who are you getting your parts from?? Just curious.
I'm gonna go check out High Velocity and see what they're all about. They're closed today so tomorrow 9:00am, I'll be over the looking around and talking to people!

http://www.highvelocitycycles.com/

If they don't have what I need and/or can't give me better pricing than RaceTech direct, I'll call RT and order everything right then.

--Wag--

talk to the owner Greg, he is a good guy he races in our desert series he is the one who rebuilt my rear shock and revalved it with race tech gold valve set up. Tell him warwgn refered you and you might get a better price (maybe) at anyrate he is a great guy.

Ah! Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely mention your name but if he raises the prices, I'm going to put it on your tab!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

lurk.gif
Quit half steppn and get to the good stuff Wag, I need some good technical reading material for the shiddr.
tounge.gif

You can save about $20 or so....CSA in Tucson has the K&L Seal and Dust Wiper set for $25. Its the same as the TL1000S, and the 04-05Gixxer1k.

Back