For those of you who pray...

I am VERY happy for you and Kristen. Prayer can accompish Miracles!Don't forget to send up as many "Thank You"s as you did "Please"s
smile.gif
You are sooooooooo right!

say thanks the doc's, then hit your knees and give thanks to the man upstairs.

Happy to hear she is doing well.

God truly does work miracles. The hard part is letting go so that He can do His work!

I was talking to Kristen this morning to get the latest on her platelet count. She reported that she was up to 214k! While we were talking, she abruptly said that she had to go and that she'd call right back. A few minutes later, she called back and announced that the doctors told her that she could go home! I immediately dropped what I was doing and made the 2-hour trip to the hospital. I'm happy to announce that Kristen is now back home!

There will be follow-up visits to the doctor and a bunch of prescriptions, but my girl is home! Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. Please pray for no relapses and continued good health for Kristen. It is a very happy day!

Thanks again to all!
smile.gif
super.gif
Man, I can't tell you how excited I am for all of you... and especially Kristen.
biggrin.gif
That is GREAT!!! She will stay in my prayers. I'm sending BIG thanks up right now for this though!
wink.gif

Man, this is excellent news!
super.gif

super.gif

FANTASTIC!!!!!
jump9.gif
Prayers will continue for no relapse. Kristen, way to go!!! Glad to hear the family is back home.
biggrin.gif

That is awesome, great to hear. Enjoy being back home Kristen. God is awesome!

There is definitely power in prayer, but when you touch and agree with fellow prayer warriors God moves in even more of a mighty way. I pray for a continued miraculous healing and a revelation to the entire family as to the true goodness of God. God bless you all and remain steadfast in your prayers and faith.

BD

It's still working...

Today Kristen went for her first follow-up with the hemotologist. Platelets are up to 234k! That's WITHOUT treatment! We are all very happy and grateful to all of you who have supported us so well.

Continued thanks!

Now, I just rediscovered that I have a motorcycle in the garage....
cool.gif

It's still working...

Today Kristen went for her first follow-up with the hemotologist. Platelets are up to 234k! That's WITHOUT treatment! We are all very happy and grateful to all of you who have supported us so well.

Continued thanks!

cool.gif
Great news Bob.
super.gif
This will soon be no more than a faded memory for all of you. Oh, and don't be grateful to us bro... Be grateful to the one that answered us.
wink.gif

anybody who can smile like that that after everything she's going through is a trooper!

you can tell she's got a lot of heart. Keep on fighting!

It's still working...

Today Kristen went for her first follow-up with the hemotologist.  Platelets are up to 234k!  That's WITHOUT treatment!  We are all very happy and grateful to all of you who have supported us so well.

Continued thanks!

cool.gif
Great news, good to hear that Kristen is doing so well without the treatment.

Hey Everybody, Kristen here! I just read all of your messages and I want you all to know that I really appreciate your prayers, thoughts, concerns and positive words. I really don't think I would have been able to make it through 39 days in the hospital without that
smile.gif
I'm glad to say that I'm feeling MUCH better! Tomorrow morning I go back to the hospital at 8 a.m. to get my tessio removed (its a port tunneled through my chest where the plasma exchanges were given). I'm excited about that because that will complete the removal of ALL the wires and such that I've been attached to for the past month and a half. Meanwhile, I've been lounging around the house taking it easy. Let me tell you, if feels really good to be back at home with my family sleeping in my own bed and eating real food
biggrin.gif
Thanks again for everything.

Kristen
wink.gif

Hey Everybody, Kristen here! I just read all of your messages and I want you all to know that I really appreciate your prayers, thoughts, concerns and positive words. I really don't think I would have been able to make it through 39 days in the hospital without that
smile.gif
I'm glad to say that I'm feeling MUCH better! Tomorrow morning I go back to the hospital at 8 a.m. to get my tessio removed (its a port tunneled through my chest where the plasma exchanges were given). I'm excited about that because that will complete the removal of ALL the wires and such that I've been attached to for the past month and a half. Meanwhile, I've been lounging around the house taking it easy. Let me tell you, if feels really good to be back at home with my family sleeping in my own bed and eating real food
biggrin.gif

Kristen
wink.gif
Great to hear from you Kristen! Glad you're home with your Family.
wink.gif
I continue to pray that you don't have any sort of relapse.

Thanks for the note. As far as I'm concerned, you're Bob's daughter so you're virtually one of us. Keep us posted and let us know how you're doing.
biggrin.gif

Chris

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Kristen
wink.gif
Hey Kristen -

Glad to hear you are home..

I have had some extended hospital stays in my time, but never 39 days!! that HAD to have sucked!!!

Hang tough.. sounds like the worse part is behind you...

Ron

With Kristen doing so well now, I thought it would be appropriate to offer my thanks to everyone once more. Because things are going well, I won't posting updates any more. It would be kind of like the Summer 5-day weather forecast in Florida: Sunny, hot and humid - as far as the eye can see! I'll only update if there is a change in the "weather", or if one of you asks.

As Kristen said in her post we couldn't have done it without all of you. You offered so much strength and encouragement. Thanks so much. Not bad for a bunch of crazy sport-bikers!
wink.gif

Hey Everybody, Kristen here!  I just read all of your messages and I want you all to know that I really appreciate your prayers, thoughts, concerns and positive words.  I really don't think I would have been able to make it through 39 days in the hospital without that
smile.gif
 I'm glad to say that I'm feeling MUCH better!  Tomorrow morning I go back to the hospital at 8 a.m. to get my tessio removed (its a port tunneled through my chest where the plasma exchanges were given).  I'm excited about that because that will complete the removal of ALL the wires and such that I've been attached to for the past month and a half.  Meanwhile, I've been lounging around the house taking it easy.  Let me tell you, if feels really good to be back at home with my family sleeping in my own bed and eating real food
biggrin.gif

Kristen
wink.gif
Great to hear you're back home, Kristen. Take it easy and continue the recovery. It's about to be springtime, so make sure you are ready!

With Kristen doing so well now, I thought it would be appropriate to offer my thanks to everyone once more. Because things are going well, I won't posting updates any more. It would be kind of like the Summer 5-day weather forecast in Florida: Sunny, hot and humid - as far as the eye can see! I'll only update if there is a change in the "weather", or if one of you asks.

As Kristen said in her post we couldn't have done it without all of you. You offered so much strength and encouragement. Thanks so much. Not bad for a bunch of crazy sport-bikers!
wink.gif
...and what a wonderful forecast it is, Bob!
super.gif
I'll give this thread a couple more days so maybe everyone will see the outcome of this and then I'll ask Captain to release it from sticky status. I'll be so glad to see this one sink to the bottom and fade away. I know you and Kristen are glad to see the end of this chapter, too.

Please do let us know of any changes though. We'll be here for ya if you need us.
beerchug.gif

Hey Everybody, Kristen here!  I just read all of your messages and I want you all to know that I really appreciate your prayers, thoughts, concerns and positive words.  I really don't think I would have been able to make it through 39 days in the hospital without that
smile.gif
 I'm glad to say that I'm feeling MUCH better!  Tomorrow morning I go back to the hospital at 8 a.m. to get my tessio removed (its a port tunneled through my chest where the plasma exchanges were given).  I'm excited about that because that will complete the removal of ALL the wires and such that I've been attached to for the past month and a half.  Meanwhile, I've been lounging around the house taking it easy.  Let me tell you, if feels really good to be back at home with my family sleeping in my own bed and eating real food
biggrin.gif

Kristen
wink.gif
Absolutely the best news I've heard today. Its good to know that prayer still works when utilized for good. Glad to hear the Tessio is being removed. I am glad to hear you are lounging around the "Family" house and not that hospital anymore, eating real food, and sleeping in your own bed. No thanks necessary from this end. This board has got some wonderful people in it and when one of them or their family is hurting, well its good to know the support is here. One confession before I leave you.... I am not a highly religious person, so prayer is not high on my list of daily priorities. I found that each day I thought of you and sent a word of support and asked the "Man" to help you. So, I would like to THANK YOU for letting me find out just what prayer can do. Have a life!!! george

Back