I'll be gone for a few days...

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
I know this isn't the "Checking Out" section, but I also wanted to ask for you guys to keep my Dad in your thoughts while he's in the hospital.

My Dad has been having some health problems over the last few years, but they have gotten progressively worse over the last few months. Due to some heart bypass stuff, and related CHF (Congestive Heart Failure), he's been taking some blood thinners. This is believed to have caused a weakening of his blood vessels. This in turn has started to cause an internal loss of blood, but they cannot determine where it's going. Due to the blood loss, he has been having problems becoming anemic.

Monday morning, Mom called me at 4:15am to let me know she was following the ambulance to the hospital. The last few times that this has happened, Dad seems to bounce back after he gets some new units of blood and plasma into him. This time, his condition isn't really changing, although he isn't getting any worse as far as we know.

I'll be leaving later this morning on my way down to Arkansas to see him and try to give my Mom some support. I think she's scared of what may be coming, although we know it's coming eventually.

To top all of this off...I had just ripped out the countertops in the kitchen. I got the new ones installed tonight, along with the sink, but I still have to get some hoses for the water hookup. That's priority one in the morning. The wife and daughter need an operable kitchen before I leave.

If you believe in prayer, then please send a prayer up for my Dad. If not, then please just wish him the best.

I'll update when I get back, unless I get online while I'm there.

Take care everybody,

Jim

Jim...a prayer will be sent upwards for your pappy. Hope he recovers quick.

paul

Jim -

Nothing but the best of thoughts for your Dad. Stay strong, as hard as it may be...and spend time with him...keep us posted...I'll say a prayer for him...

A most special prayer said for your dad. Hang in there, bro. A prayer for strength and peace of mind for yourself, your mom and the rest of the family. God bless.

sad.gif

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes
beerchug.gif

I finally got the kitchen done, so the family has running water again
laugh.gif

I'll be leaving in about a 1/2 hour heading home. Thanks again everybody
cool.gif

Back