I'll be gone for a few days...

Will keep your and your family in my prayers. Have a safe trip home and best wishes on a speedy recovery for your father.

Okay...I'm back home now.

Thanks for all of the prayers and wishes
beerchug.gif

Sorry I didn't update this earlier, but I didn't have much time to get on the PC while at Mom/Dad's.

Dad is doing better, and may be leaving the hospital later this this week. The outlook for him is not all that good, but for now he'll be okay.

Dad has a lot of stuff going on that I won't bore you guys with, but he is taking blood thinners due to his heart condition. He is having intermittent internal bleeding, which is complicated due to the blood thinners. The doctors have tried to pinpoint the location of the bleeding, but cannot find it. It's like he stops bleeding once he gets an infusion of new blood without the thinners. From Sunday to Thursday, he's received 9 units of blood and 3 units of plasma. Frustrating as hell.

Bottom line...If he continues taking the blood thinners, then he will eventually bleed to death internally, and if he stops taking the thinners, then he will end up having a stroke. Dad chose to continue with the blood thinners since he didn't want to end up having a stroke. I guess it is the lesser of the two evils.
mad.gif

The doctors said that the intervals between the bleeds will get progressively shorter, so now it's just a waiting game. They don't even have a time frame they can give us, so we don't know if it's weeks, months, or years.

Thanks again for all of your support
wink.gif
cool.gif

Dang Jim... I just found this. Hate to hear it, man. Haven't been here in a while. I'll send a prayer up for you guys though.

Thanks Chris
wink.gif

Good to see ya back around. Miss having ya stopping by.

Back