Florida people!!!

$10,000 of insurance will not completely cover the airlift from the scene of the crash to the trama center.
Don't worry us tax payers here will pick up the rest of the bill! We have and will.
corner2.png
whistling.gif

Who needs a helmet? I did, but I'm a new rider with only 45 years of experience.

IMG00290.jpg

Excellent information on this AMA link. I suggest everyone become familiar with the laws within states they plan to visit. As mentioned earlier, even if you have a full face helmet on in Florida....if you have the helmet shield up or the said shield is removed, you better have glasses on or you face a citation...just an FYI!

AMA page on Motorcycle laws per state!

Great link. Thank you.

Just read that turn signals are not required in Arizona. Radar detectors OK also. Interesting.

r8

im think its stupid to not wear a helmet and ride, but there are many other stupid things that will surely cause you health problems that dont require you to have health insurance.

smoking and drinking are two things that come to mind quickly. Be kinda funny if when you went in to buy a pack of smokes or a 6 pack and they ask for proof of insurance. Not a bad idea actually smoking and drinking puts 10 times the strain on the health care system that idiots riding without helemets do

for the rocord my favorite guys on bikes are the ones not wearing and helemt and smoking a cigerette at the same time. Kinda of like giving the double barrelled middle finger to death

I am against anything that brings more gov't into my life.. Helmet laws are just one of those things..

Now, I would certainly argue that you are a complete fool to ride without a lid... BUT there are exceptions one can make here...

When you are just doing the "Friday night" cruise at 10 or 20 mph down the main drag behaving yourself, a helmet is probably of little need.. Should I be allowed to decide this? I think I can make an intelligent decision..

Problem is that there are enough idiots out there that will now jump on the highway and do wheelies at 60+ without a lid and then cry "foul" when they get screwed up.. Now we have to legislate for fools... (sigh)

I would be more than comfortable going putt putt down the street without my helmet.. Would I leave home without it? not a chance....

So what your saying is I should be wearing a helmet while drag racing in flip-flops and shorts?

When I ride out the back of C-130's at 9000' I always wear eye protection and a chute. I also let the tire presure down alitte to avoid flat spots on the busa's wheels on landings.

cool.gif

Same rule in Texas, passed some fool today w/ his helmet strapped to the back seat.

I believe you still need eye protection, even at night(sunglasses no good at night, you have to have the yellow or clear type).

Unless you're strolling down Main St. in the middle of bike week doing all of 5mph, you would be smart to wear a helmet.
+1

Also old Indian Larry, would still be alive (probaly)-he fell off at a slow speed while standing on the seat, one of his favorite demos.
deadhorse.gif

So what your saying is I should be wearing a helmet while drag racing in flip-flops and shorts?
Yep!.. if you must wear flip-flops and shorts..... wear a helmet!! shining the skin off your legs sucks.... being spoon fed baby food and gurgling at shiny things while your loved ones cry sucks worse!!

You chaps certainly have some strange laws, whats the old saying about a 2 dollar helmet for a 2 dollar head?
Surely common sense prevails and a helmet should be on at all times. The majority of accidents happen close to home, so the short trip down to the shops is actually the most dangerous, according to our authorities. I use a AGV...good enough for ROSSI, must be OK for me. Wear it all the time, even yesterday with temperaturers soaring into the 40 deg C. Yep I sweat, but it's simply not worth the risk. I have to many responsibilities and could not think of ending up a vegetable just because I never had a lid on. my 2c worth..

You chaps certainly have some strange laws, whats the old saying about a 2 dollar helmet for a 2 dollar head?
Surely common sense prevails and a helmet should be on at all times. The majority of accidents happen close to home, so the short trip down to the shops is actually the most dangerous, according to our authorities. I use a AGV...good enough for ROSSI, must be OK for me. Wear it all the time, even yesterday with temperaturers soaring into the 40 deg C. Yep I sweat, but it's simply not worth the risk. I have to many responsibilities and could not think of ending up a vegetable just because I never had a lid on. my 2c worth..
Come to Daytona Beach in March this year, you can see 500,000 (+or-) folks all driving the same bikes, all wearing black shirts, and about zero wearing helmets....  
deadhorse.gif

When I ride out the back of C-130's at 9000' I always wear eye protection and a chute. I also let the tire presure down alitte to avoid flat spots on the busa's wheels on landings.

cool.gif
Actually I am a ATGATT person but what I am saying is if I live a block away from some store and I need a box of baking soda, I am probably willing to motor up there and back without my full gear on..

Common sense is the dictate here... seems a rare commodity among many riders however...

I think if it takes a law you make you wear your gear when you obviously should, then you should find a new form of transportation..

All kidding aside I ask because I'm going to be staying beach front right on A1A and about 1 block from a beach access. I really want to ride the beach (15mph limit as I recall) without my lid. Thats why I wanted to know because theres a cop every 1/4 mile to enforce the speed limit...in the sand. I was down there last year at this same time and drove a car down the beach for about 2 hours and passed about 10 other cars and bikes so not worried about getting hit and I could fall off the bike 10 times and never even break a mirror in the soft sand. I just wanted to make sure I could ride the block to the beach and maybe the few blocks inbetween the closed sections and tool along without being stopped for now helment. I've been down many times and know the reasons everyone should wear helments and omg I cant imagine not wearing sunglasses while riding. I cant stand wind in my eyes!

If you're military, the laws don't apply. You WILL wear your helmet and gear so I don't even fuss about the helmet laws. With that aside, I think I've only ridden without a helmet a few times, a couple times at Bike Week and picking up my bike from the shop a mile up the street from me. It's still dangerous though. I've heard that most accidents occur within a few miles from your home anyways. Under 21 riders have to wear a helemt and the license plates will say "UNDER 21" so that popo know! I've never been down (knock on wood) but when I do I'll be wearing my gear! Scars on guys may look sexy but not on women... Plus I want to wipe my own butt!!

Dont understand what kind of rider with any intellegence rides without a helmet? they think they look cool but look stupid especially ridn in florida without one

Back