Flat tire while riding

crazy.gif
glad your alright

Good thing you had a tire repair kit....

Had a flat in my rear tire last year...Plugged it up & road until I needed a new tire..No problems with the plug for me...

Sounds to me like someone needs to go on a diet. Aren't you a little too fat for a busa anyhow?
I see you're pretty close to me in Fl....how bout I come over there and plant my boot in your azz?
rock.gif
?
boxing.gif

Ha-ha! J/K Kev! I forgot to check the weight limit I guess.

Hey, I don't think the "ex-busa" guys are allowed on here.

A plug will be fine for street use. I use sticky string and vulcanizing cement. I plugged a tire with that almost a year ago and it's still holding air. A patch from the inside would be best, but in a pinch a plug will do just fine if you do it right.

I carry a repair kit in my tank bag. It came with 2 Co2 catridges. I hope I never need it! Glad your ok Bro.
beerchug.gif

WTH! That sucks, bro. I feel bad now because I took you back there. Glad you made it home alright. Guess I should check my tires today.

What's ironic is that we had just looked at your tire repair kit the night before.

I'm surprised you couldn't find a tire locally a little cheaper. Did you try Pasco Cycles. Last "set" I got there was about $250.00 installed w/tax.

Now you are going to have to get out and scrub that sucker in good before hitting twisties at the GAP.
winkold.gif
I am looking for a set of Pilot Road 2s.... about that price. Think that might happen?..I'll drive a little bit for a decent price...I REALLY hate the thought of going to the gap on second hand used OEM rubber...but I will if circumstances remain the same.

I bought a 12v air compressor from board sponsor Jester @ Ryders Connection. It is small enought that i can put it in my "hump trunk glove box" (mod done with Tiger Racing glove box) and still have room for the tool kit that came with the bike. It is obviously small and it capable of pumping a tire up to 300 psi it says. It comes with several power addaptors to hook up to your bike to run it. Here is a link to a site that talks about it. I keep it in my hump along with a set of plugs so if i'm out in the middle of nowhere and have no cell reception, I dont get stuck! PM Jester, he'll hook you up with the compressor.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/slime_pump.htm

I carry a small compressor kit in the hump w/ tire plugs just in case. $30.00 from Cycle Gear. Had to use it on a friends bike 2 weeks ago.

Sounds to me like someone needs to go on a diet. Aren't you a little too fat for a busa anyhow?
I see you're pretty close to me in Fl....how bout I come over there and plant my boot in your azz?
rock.gif
?  
boxing.gif

Ha-ha! J/K Kev! I forgot to check the weight limit I guess.

Hey, I don't think the "ex-busa" guys are allowed on here.
I may be an ex, but also may be a future busa guy.

Back