First Spray lets here your story

boney1

The Tattooed Blurr
Registered
ok my first spray time is drawing near. im gna use a 30 shot thru my new spray bar, into my carpenter 210hp engine, im a little freaked about what to expect, so i wanna hear from you guys and about the first shot you did, how big, what gear, how many rpm? most importantly did you crap yer pants

I didn't waste anytime and started with a 50hp shot. Bike was stone stock except for -1/+1 sprockets. I'm 265lbs and live at 5300' altitude so I need as much as I can get away with.

Started in 2nd gear @5500 rpms at speed. Just pulls a lot harder so you have to hold on just a bit. Being that it fogs the box the hit isn't that bad.

When I geared the bike more, the hit was definitely more noticeable and harder to keep the front wheel from coming up.

You'll get use to it but if you start using it from the dig then you best use at least a progressive controller to make it easier in the first gear.

It's a hoot for sure - but the downside is that after you've felt spray your bike will feel like a slow turd when your bottle is empty.

Can't wait for your first ride report - keep us posted.

It's a hoot for sure - but the downside is that after you've felt spray your bike will feel like a slow turd when your bottle is empty.
boy aint that the truth... I had a 350 shot on one of my drag boats and it was like someone rear ended you on the hit... went from 1100hp to 1450hp... yeeeeehaaaaw!!!!

My first time I played it safe with a 40 shot dry at 7000 rpm in 3rd gear, it hit so hard as it was excelariting it wheelyed at 100+. It became a 3 bottle a day habbit.2 pounders hidden under the hump, a real sleeper.:laugh:

The first time I sprayed a bike was in 1987.
I had the, then, brand new Hurricane 1000. Supposed to be the fastest bike out at the time. It wasn't, but Honda advertised it as the fastest.
Anyway,
I had a V&H header and a Star ported head. It was still too slow, so I had a tooth down on the front and 2 up on the rear.
I added a 40hp wet kit to it. The first night I tested I was on a "less than desirable" cement road that was darker than could be imagined.
Well, I rolled on up to around 100mph and was in like 3rd or 4th gear, so it wouldn't hit so hard.
Well, the tank hit me in the chest on the way up, so I let off of the button and throttled it back down to the ground. Not wanting to let this bike whip my azz, I rolled up a little faster and did it again. Man was that a rush at about 120 and the tire a couple of feet off the ground.........:cheerleader::cheerleader:
Needless to say, in order to ride the bike, I had to take the gears off and put them back to stock. It settled the bike down and made for a REALLY fast street bike. Fast for back in the day, that is......:whistle:

Last edited:
First time spray was on the Busa with a 20 hp, wasn't really noticeable so much on stock engine. Boosted it up to na 36 and hit in second....wow...came up nice and would have continued , am on throttle switch. I installed the NOS controller to delay percentage in 1st to 30% then a few seconds it comes on full. Ran a 9.75 at 145mph.
Nitrous is a drug...you will become addicted...more..more..more....maybe it's time for a turbo????
:laugh::thumbsup:

Well i ran my first 30 shot in the 5k rpm range of 3rd and i gotta say it was pretty sweet i only have a small 12oz bottle now but just the same it was fun while it lasted, no wheelie action though, with my bike turnin almost 220hp i was kinda thinkin the 30 shot would bring it up but lol second gear surley will i think

hit it in 3rd at about 6000rpms. Start off with a 20 shot. make sure you dont hit the rev limiter.

yeah thats what i did 3rd gear lil over 5k hit it and off again before my shiftlight, dont know if i wanna go bigger yet or not im gna maybe try the 40 shot and check my plugs bob carprnter told me his mapping would allow a 30shot without changing anything so im gna stay there i think

as long as your only fogging the box... if you end up using a distribution rail then you may want to rethink the fuel map. :thumbsup:
yeah thats what i did 3rd gear lil over 5k hit it and off again before my shiftlight, dont know if i wanna go bigger yet or not im gna maybe try the 40 shot and check my plugs bob carprnter told me his mapping would allow a 30shot without changing anything so im gna stay there i think

LOL, dont let the addiction get to you. Stick to your first thoughts. 30 shot will be fine. You dont want to end up killing your motor.

plugs look perfect right now so im gna keep to the 30 shot the gixx1300r spray bar i have hits all intakes individualy :thumbsup:

Well i got a 60 dry shot in my Busa. I hit it the other night about midway through 2nd gear, it hooked hard, pulled the front, then....bang. Sheared 5 teeth off the rear sprocket....Damn aluminum sprockets anyways.... Now I got a Vortex CAT5 43 tooth on it. Can't wait to try it out.(had a 42 on it before)

Yea... it's a drug...

boy aint that the truth... I had a 350 shot on one of my drag boats and it was like someone rear ended you on the hit... went from 1100hp to 1450hp... yeeeeehaaaaw!!!!

Heh... We run 350hp on our small block Camaro.... It's fun...

OH- and we hit it .750 sec after transbrake release....full load...YEEEE-HAAAWWWW is right...
yea... that's the 60' timer it's going past, on it's way up onto the rear bumper at 120' out!!! Still ran a 9.62 that pass.....

oct 2006-1.jpg

Back