Best way to tune for nitrous

Lucky34

Registered
What's the best way to tune for nitrous? Get a PC3 USB and play with fuel till I get the right A/F ratio? Or get some other device that allows me to add fuel since I'm running lean right now?

My first question about the PC3 USB is how do you "tune" with it? I'm guessing it comes with some software and you can connect the PC3 through USB to a computer, and then what do you change? The amount of fuel at specific RPM ranges? or at certain throttle positions? or both? And are these fuel values percentages 0 being 0% change from the stock map for the specific bike?

I have a controller that sprays the nitrous right before 100% throttle... I'd say like 95% open throttle. Can I tune a map myself to just add more fuel when at 95+% throttle? Or can I tune a map to where I add more fuel from 7,000 rpm+?

I guess my real question is what's the cheapest (yet still reliable) way to get my A/F ratio down to what it's supposed to be when riding stock AND when spraying nitrous? (Do I have to get a HUB and get 2 maps or can I have a just 1 map without sacrificing off-nitrous performance/engine life?)

With the USB you can add or subtract fuel at

0,2,5,10,20,40,60,80,100 % throttle,every 250 rpm from 0 rpm up to (and past) the limiter.

If you want 2 maps at the flip of a switch then you will need the hub and mapswitch.

You can do both throttle position and RPM. The software is very usable and tunable. You should take it to a dyno for best results.

Thanks for that info :-)

After some incidents in my past I pretty much lost faith in other people working on my bike... So now I do all my own work even at the expense of having to go around posting noob questions everywhere. But hey, as long as I make the right decision regarding my baby at the end of the day :-)
The good thing is I have a dyno nearby, so the plan is to buy the PC3, tweak it, then dyno, then tweak, then dyno, until I get it just right!
I am a college student, though... so if there's a cheaper alternative to getting a PC3 and a hub and map switch, let me know :-) ... otherwise, ebay, here I come!

there is a cheaper solution and that is not to get the switcher it realy is not needed.
when you drive on the street you not at full throttle so the map will be perfect for riding everyday use. There might be a 4 or 5hp loss with a small N20 SHOT and running rich wont hurt anything anyway.

Back