Finally bought my son his first car....

Sweet Car. Very Nice.:thumbsup:

If he doesnt already have one get him a crutchfield catalog (or go online) to look through for stereo ideas.

Be careful with 5% tint on the back glass it will be very hard to see out while backing up at night.

Get him a good alarm...maybe a Viper Alarm for Christmas. A nice stero and T-Tops can be an issue.

EDIT........I bet blue or black went out the window when he seen that car:cheerleader:

Wow, you must be really proud of him Cap! Your description of him says alot about you. Obviously you are one heck of a parent! Great job! That is a great example early on that hard work does pay off. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

One of the best lookin firebirds I've seen in awhile. He's a lucky young man and you did good Cap by making him work to get his first car. Tell him He buys the tires when it needs them and he'll be less likely to burn em up. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders so that probably won't happen anyway. I made my son help me watersand his truck before I painted it and I don't ever remember seeing it with a smudge on it after that. Upbringing, IMO, means everything.

Thanks for the kind words folks... I think parenting is hit and miss... You can do all the right things and still have a kid that just doesnt conform, so many other influences in a kids life these days. We can be thankful for great teachers, grandparents and church members. We limited what he could watch on TV, kept him from seeing many things and filtered media and movies.... At the end of the day he is aware of his surrounding and we have worked very hard to make sure that he knows he doesnt live in a vacuum and that every action he makes has an impact on someone else... He caught onto this early in his life, I think this is why he makes such good choices....

Responses to others........

Get him a good alarm
It has a factory alarm, maybe he needs a different one?

so when he turns 18, gonna get him a gen1
He will prolly get a 600, he has been riding dirt bikes for years.... I would give him the same advice I give the others... Start out on a smaller bike and get good on the road then go big!

i will try to work a great deal for him i work at a stereo shop
Thank you, we will definately hit you up to see what you think when he comes up with a plan...

You can't go wrong with a Firebird
I had a 75 firebird in highschool, I loved that car.. I pulled the pontiac 350 and put in a Chevy because the parts were so much cheaper....

CAp

It has a factory alarm, maybe he needs a different one?
CAp

Whatever you do, DO NOT get an aftermarket alarm. When I was working at the dealership service department (GM) we used to have cars come in with aftermarket alarms on them and EVERY one that did went off so many freaking times it was ridiculous! They go off if you shut the hood, close the door, sneeze, look at it wrong, etc. The factory alarm is plenty sufficient.

Beautiful car, Cap. Sounds like you have a great kid there and you're doing the right things by him.

When's he gonna log on here? :D

--Wag--

He works harder and has his head screwed on better than most adults I know.... He paid for part, I paid for part... Not a silver spoon when a kid 13 starts saving his work money for a car.....

I know, just messin' wit'ya. :thumbsup:

I offered to buy my daughter a car that I had found through somebody at work. She said she didn't want it (wrong color). I promptly used the money to buy myself a bike.

I'm sure your son is very grateful. Beautiful ride. :beerchug:

Very nice when the kids are on a straight line. Congratulations to all of you.

What a great find CaP! :thumbsup: It's not his son and hotrods that Doug needs to worry about, it's his father and his toys!:whistle:

Back