Your kids cars

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay this should be a fun exercise..

What kind of car does your kid drive? My oldest son started working for a farmer when he was 13 and saved his money for 3 years to buy his Firebird. My youngest saved up and waited until he was 17 to get his own...

What are your thoughts on kids and cars?

senior14.jpg

TK_sport_trac3.jpg

Cap, I made a deal with my oldet now 17. He pays half i pay half. He managed 500 bucks :) he drives a 2000 mazda protege.
Sometimes this approach backfires though. I don’t have kids, but I was laughing at my friend that told her daughter she would match whatever she saved and the daughter managed to save 3k. LOL!! I told my friend: “ well, looks like your daughter will be driving a fairly nice vehicle as a first car”.

Sometimes this approach backfires though. I don’t have kids, but I was laughing at my friend that told her daughter she would match whatever she saved and the daughter managed to save 3k. LOL!! I told my friend: “ well, looks like your daughter will be driving a fairly nice vehicle as a first car”.

Oh I get it... My oldest saved up over 5k and I talked him into a lesser car with BIG stereo. :)

Haven't got kids , but my brothers and I had to each fund / buy our first vehicle , before we could gain ultimate freedom . I probably lucked out a bit , I had been sitting on a car accident trust payout from age 10 , and bought in all 3 motorbikes till after first big accident , then I bought a car .

..."I had been sitting on a car accident trust payout from age 10 , and bought in all 3 motorbikes till after first big accident , then I bought a car ."

Huh?

..."I had been sitting on a car accident trust payout from age 10 , and bought in all 3 motorbikes till after first big accident , then I bought a car ."

Huh?
Yeah , passenger in back of VW Beetle , Easter weekend , Monday '78 . Not relatives driving , but my cousins relatives , anyway , fast 110 kph blind corner on main carriageway , then adjoining side road off side , where the vw was , waiting to turn on main carriageway . Anyway vw got smacked , rolled 5-6 times , we were all hospitalized etc . That scarred leg I pic I posted got major knee damage , even before that first motorcycle accident injuries . :thumbsup:

My daughter has wanted to be a plastic surgeon since she was 9. She graduated HS at 17 with 40 college credits and a 4.7 (out of 4.0 btw!) gpa. Very focused. I bought her this when she was 16 a couple years ago. She works pt and saves money while keeping her studies up.
2014 Focus hatchback.
Troy

image.jpeg

Yeah , passenger in back of VW Beetle , Easter weekend , Monday '78 . Not relatives driving , but my cousins relatives , anyway , fast 110 kph blind corner on main carriageway , then adjoining side road off side , where the vw was , waiting to turn on main carriageway . Anyway vw got smacked , rolled 5-6 times , we were all hospitalized etc . That scarred leg I pic I posted got major knee damage , even before that first motorcycle accident injuries . :thumbsup:
Man, you have really been in the wars.
I've had a few Beetles and I would NOT want to be crashed into in one, they are tin cans with little strength or protection. When driving one your nose is about 5 inches from the windscreen. :shocked:

My daughter has wanted to be a plastic surgeon since she was 9. She graduated HS at 17 with 40 college credits and a 4.7 (out of 4.0 btw!) gpa. Very focused. I bought her this when she was 16 a couple years ago. She works pt and saves money while keeping her studies up.
2014 Focus hatchback.
Troy

That is AWESOME. She'll do ok I suspect.

MY 16 year old daughter drives my wife's previous vehicle, a 2013 Ford Escape. While in school, I pay for it all, because I want her to focus 100% on her schooling. She's got a 4.0 (they don't go over that), has so far scored a 30 on her ACT (has 2 more chances). I hope to see her start working this summer, but i want her focused on school so she can qualify for a good college. Given her physical challenges, I'm very proud of her!
IMG_4816.JPG

That is AWESOME. She'll do ok I suspect.

MY 16 year old daughter drives my wife's previous vehicle, a 2013 Ford Escape. While in school, I pay for it all, because I want her to focus 100% on her schooling. She's got a 4.0 (they don't go over that), has so far scored a 30 on her ACT (has 2 more chances). I hope to see her start working this summer, but i want her focused on school so she can qualify for a good college. Given her physical challenges, I'm very proud of her!View attachment 1580242

30 on ACT is really good!

So much pressure for test scores... its crazy.. I only remember taking Sat.... and you don't even wanna know what I scored... apparently I can barely read.

My first car was a 1987 Oldsmobile Toronado... I had more money in the sound system than the car... I had 2 15" Mtx subwoofers... custom box... a 3000 plus watt HiFonics amp that was 3 feet long almost... pioneer head unit... and I wanna say Polk speakers and a macintosh amp (I believe) running the speakers in the cabin.

Back