finally ate it

craigntx

Registered
saturday im going down the street, perfectly sober, i see a small suv pulling out across my path.(he had a stop sign) i move over to my left, hard on the brakes, he's still coming. guess i hit a wet spot cause i went down on my right side. frame slider helped some, but the right rairing is scraped bad on one spot, has a hole in another spot.my yoshi trs is scraped where it connects to the can. the can is slightly scraped where its put together. the nose has a couple of scratches too.front fender's scraped. i had a jacket and helmet on, which i rarely do (it was cold out).
so the slider is bent back at a 45 degree angle now, pushing against the fairing. the fairing prolly wont come off till its straightened out, but bending it back might break the bolt.
we never actually made contact. he didnt get a ticket, but state farm is calling it his fault (we both got s.f.)they told me to get an estimate and are coming out to take pics. i was concerned id be screwed cause we didnt actually hit. now that i think about it, i shoulda went ahead n nailed him, and get some big $! but of course your instinct is to move and brake.
so, any tips on bent slider removal?
so anybody got a right side slider in chrome to sell?

Ouch man, sorry to hear it
sad.gif
I hope you get it all back together soon and that's good news on them seeing it was his fault...

That sux. Glad you're okay and that you're going to get your bike fixed/replaced.

--Wag--

Definetly a good thing the driver stopped.

Most sliders are designed to bend rather than break or stay strong and ruin the engine mount.

When I went down I took a few hits on the slider to striaghten it enough to turn the bolt.

Usually they are pretty maluable and easy to work with.

Glad you made it out safe, and had gear on.

Back