Doofus Move

Skak

Registered
I pulled a retard move today. No excuse for it. Just plain stupidity.

I dropped the busa on the left side (thinkin I already had the kick stand down) and scraped the fairing, mirror and stator cover up a bit.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what paint I should use to touch up the stator cover?

As well, what are you guys using to buff out slightly bigger scuffs?

And finally, can anyone spare a stock, unscratched left mirror?

We used some black spray paint from Auto Zone on the cover heat resistant and it came out fine...The scratches are battle scars leave them as they are...Don't have a mirror to spare...

I did the same thing over a year ago. The bike was only about a week old. I was so upset, I ran right out ordered a new stator cover. That cover is still in my garage unopened. I don't even notice the scratches now as they are mostly covered by road grime.

The first scratch is the worst!
wink.gif

I'm going to track down a paint shop for my own scratches. You really don't have the tools and the technique to do a good job (and who wants to do muck work anyway?). If your flush with cash, an OEM will cost you $400 (Oneida.com).

Removed duplicate post.

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124720338 -->

Ah, I see, someone took the liberty to move it to another forum...

Now I understand. I guess cache really does deserve that new busa after all ;)

i can spare a stock mirror. just message me and pay for shipping an its yours.

<!--EDIT|badassblackbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124833698 -->

Don't beat yourself up too bad..... I did the same with my ZX-12 some time ago.....  Get it fixed and be glad you are fixing the entire bike from a bad accident.

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124834281 -->

im still trying to fix mine. lady ran me off the road into a light pole a about 5000 dollars worth of damage. she never came back so i have to foot the bill.

as far as the stator cover.. unless the "wound' is "deep"... use a " Sharpieâ„¢ black of course unless your's is a differant color..n fill in the ..scratches
cool.gif
as far as the mirror.. use 180 wet/dry ..n smoooooth out the scratches then goto 500grit .. btw..use water..if your that worried about it.
smile.gif

Back