Should Have Stayed Home

Interview with a second law firm before you sign a contract. They’re selling a service like any other and you already know that shopping around (always) pays off. I have years of experience dealing with all manner of lawyers. Shopping a second law firm won’t cost you a thing but not shopping could. BTW, no matter how good Russ Brown is their claimed 98% success rate is pure BS, no foolin.

The only other firm I can think of at the moment would be the Law Tigers who seem to handle quite a few bike cases.Should be a slam dunk since the old geezer who hit me admitted in front of the CHP that he didn't see me and was totally his fault.Only thing left would be a settlement,of which I'm not expecting a fortune since there were no life threatening injuries,etc.,will be satisfied to get my bike fixed and some cash for lost wages,pain and suffering,etc.I'm sure they'll go for what they can get since they get 1/3rd,will see what happens I guess.

JMHO but I would only hire a lawyer who guaranteed an agreeable settlement and his fees would be covered. Otherwise, what's the use? Don't take any financial risk on this. Do not pay a retainer. If they expect a retainer means they don't think they will definitely win. You might as well take what you get from insurance and move on. JMHO. I have not had good luck with lawyers. Good people but they're the only bisiness that collects fees in advance and do not guarantee results. The old way of doing business is changing. Ask for a contingent fee arrangement or forget it IMHO.

Well I can think of some things that would make me feel safe but a lawyer behind my back isn't one of them! Be sure to get those injuries looked at. In my accident I walked around for 3 weeks with a broken shoulder before they found it. Doctor asked didn't I know it was broken but I had never had a broken shoulder so I just knew it hurt and wasn't getting any better.

Well I can think of some things that would make me feel safe but a lawyer behind my back isn't one of them! Be sure to get those injuries looked at. In my accident I walked around for 3 weeks with a broken shoulder before they found it. Doctor asked didn't I know it was broken but I had never had a broken shoulder so I just knew it hurt and wasn't getting any better.
I am allergic to Doctors first and to Attorneys second. I do like Architects though. :D

JMHO but I would only hire a lawyer who guaranteed an agreeable settlement and his fees would be covered. Otherwise, what's the use? Don't take any financial risk on this. Do not pay a retainer. If they expect a retainer means they don't think they will definitely win. You might as well take what you get from insurance and move on. JMHO. I have not had good luck with lawyers. Good people but they're the only bisiness that collects fees in advance and do not guarantee results. The old way of doing business is changing. Ask for a contingent fee arrangement or forget it IMHO.

These guys only collect their 33% off of the back half when/if there is an injury settlement,monies for bike repair,etc. are untouchable.Dude was just here for about an hour and took a bunch of pictures/told me exactly what to do,etc.,super cool guy in late 50's who still rides every week.Says I'll get everything damaged on the bike including up to $3K in aftermarket items(new Brocks Short Meg 2 exhaust,etc.:D)and wants me to go get more x-rays on my hand tomorrow(as it's way puffy and does look messed up).At least the ball's rolling now only 24 hours after the accident.

Dam Jefffff, I hate reading this, but at the same time I'm glad that you had a helmet on. It probably kept your marbles from getting any more scrambled than they did. Definitely wear some better gear than vans shoes :banghead:. Gotta keep you around so we can poke at each other.

Dam Jefffff, I hate reading this, but at the same time I'm glad that you had a helmet on. It probably kept your marbles from getting any more scrambled than they did. Definitely wear some better gear than vans shoes :banghead:. Gotta keep you around so we can poke at each other.

Howdy John,

Yeah bro,no more Vans for me while on the bike,luckily I only have a couple of sore toes and a bit of skinned up left ankle(which he documented).Must've hit my noggin' pretty hard as I still have a headache.

Glad your here to tell the tail. Take your time recovering. That makes a huge difference on how your body feels later. Not sure if or what I could do to help but I would if I’m able.

Thanks man,won't be all bad after they pay to fix my ride,etc.Going back to the doctor this morning,left hand is still swollen and noticed yesterday my right foot was aching,this morning saw that my 2nd toe is purple and can't bend it.Looks like this little crash is the gift that keeps on giving.:D

What are you talkiing about it has a turbo already I saw it just last week. What you mean the impact knocked it off into the ditch, oh my they need to REPLACE that. :lol:

I sold a Fox body 5.0 years ago, and the guy I sold it to got hit head on(not his fault).
I had put tons of parts on it, including a bigger mass air meter, which was made into a solid cast aluminum intake tube.
Apparently, when the insurance adjuster saw it, he asked "Is that a supercharger?" ......

Back