Should Have Stayed Home

piratediverjefff

Registered
Attorney just called,has me a check mailed out for $4,300 to fix the bike(not counting the Arai Corsair V helmet,etc.).Figure I can replace the side fairing,front cowling,and left side graphics for around $1,200 so I'm happy as a hog in slop.:laugh:

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I see no reason why they’d piece out your judgment amount in more than one check. ‘Forever’ medical expenses as related to your agreed upon injuries, full payment for proven damages, including your helmet and ‘etc’ and whatever additional $$ for any agreed upon pain and suffering is what you’re entitled to. But, more than likely, if you cash that check and probably sign some sort of release, that’s all you’ll get.

piratediverjefff

Registered
They said the bike,helmet,etc. are separate from the injury settlement(which may be 6 months or so down the road).As it stands now with this check they wouldn't get a dime for their time,and you know they want their 33%.Still have to send them a picture of the helmet/receipt,clothes,etc. for now.

piratediverjefff

Registered
So far they've sent me $4,300 to fix the bike(took $1,300),$800 for my Arai helmet(scuff mark about the size of a quarter,a little touch up with some paint and good to go),and today recd. a check for $5,000 for "loss of use",would've been $7,500 but they had to tap it for their 33%.Final settlement somewhere on down the road but for now I'm good,bike's like new and I've pocketed $9,000 so I'm not complainin'(poop,somebody can run me over every year or two as long as it's not too serious :laugh:).

piratediverjefff

Registered
Left hand is still a little bunged up but am living with it,just added it to the list of all the other bunged up body parts from the previous two crashes,arthritis,etc.,etc.,etc.Be nice to get another $20K or so when the final tally is in but don't know what it'll be.:super:

RedBull

Registered
Left hand is still
a little bunged up
but am living with it ,
just added it to the list
of all the other bunged up
body parts from the previous
two crashes , arthritis , etc . , etc . , etc .

Be nice to get another $20K or so
when the final tally is in
but don't know what it'll be .

:super:
They need to break out a few more dockets to repair your grill ~ they got all this new technology for fixing up your smile *

piratediverjefff

Registered
Yeah,and the big price tag to go with it,last I checked it was around a $1,000 per tooth.I don't figure I have all that many years left to justify dumpin' $25K into my mouth when plain old dentures will get me by.Hell,that's another motorsickle or two.:banana:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mabupa Building a workbench that should outlive my great grand kids Off Topic 28
K Should I join the hayabusa team? And gsxr 1k views General Bike Related Topics 8
WuzzaCBXRider To decrease front end dive under braking I should.... General Bike Related Topics 5
rubbersidedown My favourite biker movie should arrive today Off Topic 20
U Should I use a battery tender or a trickle charger? General Bike Related Topics 16
Sandow Industry Insiders Don’t Use Their Products Like We Do. That Should Worry Us. Off Topic 2
captain Should see some performance improvements Random Thoughts 1
V Who am I and why you should[n't] think I'm crazy New Owners Forum 5
SSGT_B Should I Do It? Off Topic 35
Bluebusa60544 What maintenance should I do at 15K miles? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 6
greg3852 Should be taking a ride tomorrow General Bike Related Topics 20
Dougyp333 I should have taken the BUS General Bike Related Topics 22
Bluebusa60544 Should I replace chain? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 15
Mason357 Should I do it General Bike Related Topics 22
lurch8910 What should go here? Busa problems 7
captain First candidate we should take guns from. In the News 18
B Poll: What custom license plate should i get? General Bike Related Topics 22
Mikesbaron Which fuel line should get an in-line fuel filter? Busa problems 1
michael parris heuberger What Should I Do ? General Bike Related Topics 23
PADEROLIS Valve Adjustment Service; Should I? General Bike Related Topics 18
Taribare Fuel Valve Problems *was Posted In Mods Should Be Here* Busa problems 4
Ham What Should I Do? Gen II Busa Information 19
jgixxerjoe@att.net What Kind Of Hp Should I Be Getting? Engine and Performance mods 17
rubbersidedown Ok Last Thread For A Bit,should Be All Caught Up On Business Random Thoughts 8
gack Thought I Should Finaly Post New Owners Forum 18
gurrera Absolutely Must View - Full Screen! You Should Do This Random Thoughts 4
captain Member Titles Should Be Fixed & Smilies Are Back Random Thoughts 12
B How many links should I go on this setup ? Gen II Busa Information 2
D Should I upgrade? General Bike Related Topics 6
N What should i look for? Busa problems 7
keene757 Racial Tension in SC is undeniable! Do you think the flag should be removed? Random Thoughts 119
Dark3 Should I do this myself? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 4
poytress11 Have bike sorta apart what stuff should i do other than obvious. Busa Mods 5
GNBRETT Should The Stepfather Be Charged With Inciting a Riot? Random Thoughts 42
Projekt Random thoughts should be renamed Ghost Town Random Thoughts 131
D TPS voltage, erratic, help me if you know how it should be Busa problems 0
Duanne What should I do?? General Bike Related Topics 7
GSXTacy Heartland Park Topeka Aug 10th............Should be a good turn out! Twisties 1
chrisjp this should be listened to and understood. Random Thoughts 6
R Went to Americade for the day, should have kept riding General Bike Related Topics 6
S Should I keep my 08 and mod it or wait till the 2015s come out? Gen II Busa Information 11
K-Horn What should she run? 1/4 Mile 12
J Why cats should never get drunk... Random Thoughts 4
MLSDUKE1 How Much Should Nitrous Cost per LB???? Nitrous 20
lil charlie A reminder of why you should stop General Bike Related Topics 20
07BUSA420 I am gonna change the oil AND FILTER on my 07 Busa. What else should I do? New Owners Forum 6
dadofthree What Oil Should I Use ? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 21
gsxter get the bike you want, not the bike you should New Owners Forum 25
W Should Gen I Speed Sensor Rotor Spin Freely? Busa problems 6
B gen 1 which octane should i use? General Bike Related Topics 12