Dropped It.

First sorry to hear that about your bike, it good your ok bikes can be fixed.
Have you tryed polished and waxing the bike? Also as pine said, you can put
some stickers on the bike to cover the scratches. Hope this helps.

That plastic damage is easily fixable with paint. That isnt bad at all.

heres a pic of my right side when i went sliding down the interstate
I replaced the right side fairings because they were broken in multiple places and obviously very scratched, my painter/body guy is going to repair the nose front fender and the front and rear pods.
I agree with the stickers can hide scratches also, I was moving the busa and rubbed it against my 600rr and put 3 gashes in the left side plastic slapped a yoshi sticker on there and now you cant tell :thumbsup:

rightside.JPG

Doh!

Going about 1 MPH, doing a u-turn on my street's cul-de-sac, turned just a little too narrow/slow, lost my balance and ka-boom... dropped it on it's left side. :banghead: It was if everything happen in slow motion because I hadn't had anything to eat all day (low blood sugar I think) and was a bit spacey.

Damage done:

• Stator cover
  • Nose ferring
  • Left-Side Ferring
  • Shift lever broke off

Besides shifter, just a bunch of scrapes and bruises, no broken pieces.

Looking for repair advice. Are they able to do touch-ups/buff/paint work or will they have to replace the plastics altogether? If they have to replace the nose, side ferring, stator cover and shifter piece, any idea how much I should expect to pay?

I know I am not providing pics (please don't ask :), but again, just topical scratches.

Thanks in advance...

i would just do the paintjob, i think around ~700$
any good painter can fix those scratches

717086_b_172fccbce93724df.jpg

When this happened to me I just got new plastics. Same exact damage except for the shifter didn't break on mine. The plastics, cushions on the back of the plastics, and stator cover came out to $1500 through MR Cycles (site sponsor). They shipped them quickly, and have great customer service. You can keep yours and you have some painters for later. Just remember the sticker set isnt that cheap either if you decide to just paint them.

Take the plastics off and hand carry them to a local body shop. They can easily color match and repair them for much less than new parts. Slap on some new stickers and voila, new bike.

Back