Final post before I get swept away.....

It's still coming down harrrrrrd!
Walls of water.

It's always best to be in the cone a few days out because it will certainly move. You don't want to be out of the cone two to three days out cuz then it will shift the cone right onto you.
I was dead center four days out and it missed us.

Welll....

Southwest just cancelled all flights...

Now they want to rent cars. One woman can't make up her dang mind; take that times 10 and you get the idea...

I can rent a 20 Pac Van here for half what they can MAYBE rent cars for, be there in 12 hours pick them all up and drive them out. Trying to get them to agree to it, but nearly impossible for a bunch of women to make up their minds. Until they have keys in their hands, they don't have rental cars, then there's gas that gets scarce. Lot easier to come in with all the stuff and come out, than to try and find it there.

Did something similar with Katrina. Right now we are just burning daylight waiting for them to get it together.

I have some floor space in my apartment.. I think Apollo wouldn't mind sharing.

Or better yet!! I can steal a school bus from the school and go pick em all up and drive em to like memphis!! LOL!

Soon enought all interstates will be northbound traffic only, then it will get difficult to get in (in fact the ARNG isn't likely to let you)...

Supposedly they are picking up rental cars at 4:50 at Airport to drive out. We'll see...

Hi folks! Yes I'll pull it right up for you...

60D38D89-D56B-46C5-B7D3-D457A68A2C64-5621-000008473E4B8514.jpg

Its going to get to a point when they will not be able to get a rental. I would tell them to pick one up asafp because once one airline cancels everyone will be doing the same thing. Maybe Amtrak as an alternative? Surely they will be getting their trains out of dodge and maybe they can train it to another airport city out of the path if they cannot come direct home. Even with top level status if they dont have them they dont have them and you will have a serious shortage I suspect very soon.

hey Saiid looks like you better get some taller boots brother, hang in there

My wife is out of NOLA and enroute home. They got rental cars (there are 10 women in this bunch) at the airport at 6 PM. Big traffic jam in town, but now out on 55 heading towards Memphis and traffic is flowing. I think they are coming all the way in tonight the can switch off drivers and have a sleep plan. I'm glad she's out; I was ready to stage a full-scale rescue :)

My wife is out of NOLA and enroute home. They got rental cars (there are 10 women in this bunch) at the airport at 6 PM. Big traffic jam in town, but now out on 55 heading towards Memphis and traffic is flowing. I think they are coming all the way in tonight the can switch off drivers and have a sleep plan. I'm glad she's out; I was ready to stage a full-scale rescue :)

Excellent news. Everyone else still down there, please be safe. :please:

Back