FINALLY!!!!

AZIROC

Registered
well.. after 15 hours, she is finally in my garage.
jump9.gif

we left my house here in AZ at noon (was suppose 2 b around 6am.. but that didnt happen..lol).
face7.gif
after driving for what seemed like forever, we got to Indio. then the rain started.
cussing.gif
which, just like AZ drivers, Cali drivers also loze all IQ and drive like morons. so there was alot of stopping on the freeway.WAG called me around 2:30 and we were still in Indio. I finally got to the owners house around 6:45 (az time)
eek2.gif
. WAG, sorry i didnt stop by, but 1 of the guys who went with me had 2 b at work at 10pm and we were already running late (if we would have left at 6am like we were suppose 2, i would have been by. but good thing is, the little lady wants to go to san diego here soon, so ill give u a buzz and stop by). when i went 2 go pick up the bike... wow... just beautiful. she was everything i expected, and more. im sure i looked like a
newbie.gif
being on this bike for the first time... it wasnt all
biggrin.gif
at first.. more like
crazy.gif
.. yea.. this is a bit bigger/ more powerful then a R6. lol. turning this thing im going 2 ahev 2 ge use 2.. cause i can SO tell it weights 150 lbs more. anywho, we left around 7:45 and of course the freeway was dead, so we got back home around 12:15 (az time). after 350 miles.. my only complaint on the bike is.... its TO comfortable. no matter how i was, full tuck, 1/2 tuck, sitting up like its a cruizer, all were SO comfortable, no back pain, no legs falling asleep. gawd this is great!. i really didnt get on the bike while on the freeway, just cruized at 85-90.. i think the highest i took her to was 110-115. didint wanna ruin all the fun already...lol.

Wag, again, thank you SO much for checking the bike out. When i come back 2 cali here in about a month, ill stop by and ill be buying u a dinner! The owner seemed really cool. u were right.. he's a really smart guy and we just talked engines for almost an hour. haha. i guess he was an officer in the marines, and his 2 roommates were also marines (all got out about 5-8 years ago). i did feel bad for him.. he had 2 watch someone drive his baby off into the sunset, and i told him i know how he feels. but he said he may get a new busa here shortly.

of course ill post up pick, going 2 wash her here soon.

also, i do have 1 question. when i turn the bike on (just turn the key to the on possition, not starting it) the oil light coems on and it says "check" in the top box. is this normal? i noticed when i start it up it will still say check and the light will b on, but only for a min, then it goes away. is this normal? im thinking about doing an oil change today, just so i know when it was changed last. (also, how many qaurts of oil do i put in??)

Congrats aziroc! Sounds like you got a nice ride...

As far as the check light...the only time that should come on when you turn the key to on is if your starting configuration is screwed up(.ie kill switch is on) I have never had my check light stay on after start maybe your computer is slow....I don't know.

Anyway congrats on your puchase..it's about time! We'll have to hook up sometime and do some riding.

Dan

Congrats on the bike! Glad your moment finally arrived. Generally when the 'CHEC' light is on for an extended period it is a sign that something is not right. Kill switch on, bike in gear, something like that. It does come on briefly during the start sequence as its doing its internal checks. Post up pics quickly!

Lights are normal when starting. The kill switch is the switch to the left of the throttle. Flip it off and it shuts off the fuel injection.

oh.. i thought u guys ment there is another "hidden" switch. i checked and the check stays on for liek 20-30 secs.. then it goes away.

oh.. i thought u guys ment there is another "hidden"  switch.  i checked and the check stays on for liek 20-30 secs.. then it goes away.
I don't think that my check light stays on for that long. After I turn it over, I think it is only on for about 3-5 secs. afterwards. Can't remember for sure, but I don't think it takes that long.

Don't know if you have downloaded it yet or not, but is a link to the service manual download.

Also, if you are worried about your bike you can always check it for codes. Remove the seats, and on the left side of bike(Clutch side) there is a connector with nothing in it. Using a piece of speaker wire, make a jumper between the connector. Turn the key on and start the bike.

You can use the above method to check for codes and to check your TPS to see if it is set right.

Congrats Aziroc, glad you picked up your new Toy. As far as the FI light staying on, you might just wanna take The Busa to the dealer and have them do a check up on it.

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111343078 -->

The "check" indicator will be on if the bike is in gear and the kick stand is down when you turn the key on, and also if the kill switch is on with the key on
wink.gif
congrats on the new bike
beerchug.gif

Is this the bike you were checking out in Lakewood?

Congrats on the bike. I know you were having a hell of a time tracking one down...
beerchug.gif

so there i was, had the bike out, getting ready 2 wash it and then...... i get a call on my cell. friend of mine needed help moving from her 2 house 2 another 1. damn it!! i would have said no, but she's pretty hot and likes 2 show it off. so i said sure... yea.. that was around noon.... i didnt get home till 10pm!
mad.gif
ill have pics tomorrow after i wash her.

and yes, its the bike from lakewood.

Back