Final post before I get swept away.....

Lord knows the South could use the rain. My wife is in NOLA so i dont want it to head west. Pointing straight at Daphne Dawn...

What the heck is she doing in NOLA? is she visiting? I bet she gets a evac notice. Our tourist were asked to leave by this weekend.

What the heck is she doing in NOLA? is she visiting? I bet she gets a evac notice. Our tourist were asked to leave by this weekend.

She's on a 'neighborhood wives' trip. She wasn't supposed to fly back until Tuesday night, just got it moved to Tuesday AM..still cutting it close IMHO. Looks like it's moved off to the west, but now you'll be getting the strong side winds....

Wasn't that bad didn't even hit a cat 1, think it will get some steroids on its way up the gulf though, people in NOLA please gather ammo and food now get ready this time please.I have to say as screwy as Florida can be we handle natural disaster better than anyone else in the world, people just do what needs doing. Andrew taught this state a lesson for sure, never get too comfortable when the clouds gather in Africa.

Hi Folks! Welcome to Lake Ford :laugh:

0C72FDAE-756D-408F-B897-46E6BA479BDF-4988-000007FD815F9256.jpg

Some blue lightning from last night.

Can you imagine being on a sailing ship two hundred years ago and getting stuck in something twenty times worse than this? This was only like 30-40mph winds. Imagine a real hurricane out to sea and getting caught up in it.

Can't get much closer to flooding cars than that. Right up to the rockers but none are wet inside or underneath. The pads will stick to the rotors if we don't spin em round the block though.

Glad to see it didnt whack you guys too bad. Look out NOLO...should be a cat 1 by tonight and maybe even a 2 by the time it gets ya.

Only casualty at my house was the trampoline. Wind flipped it up and over my fence and into neighbors backyard. The safety net is trashed but rest is still ok. I went to bed last night round 2am thinking the worst had passed but apparently not. I was admiring how open and clean my yard looked this morning and was staring at the empty spot for a good ten minutes before it clicked and I was like wtf, how the, where the, dang! Lifted it right over the fence and never touched it.

yea, my wife is packing as we speak. im at work tieing everthing down....:banghead: we have to go thru this again:banghead::banghead:...man this SUCKS...

Wife still in NOLA, flight scheduled for 11 AM Tuesday. Still cutting it close IMHO. Airport closes when winds hit 45 MPH. People who live there tell me that should be ok, but if it speeds up that could cause problems. Hotel has already told them they will evict if evac order given. St. Charles Parrish (the lower-lying parrish) already has evac order.

Told me wife to call NOW and make reservation for rental car for 1 PM then cancel as they board as a PLAN B and prepare to head EAST not NORTH.

I travel there often, I would get a car now and head home or fly a day early. La. as much as I love it, is not the smoothest place in normal times, any hiccup it is chaos.

Wife still in NOLA, flight scheduled for 11 AM Tuesday. Still cutting it close IMHO. Airport closes when winds hit 45 MPH. People who live there tell me that should be ok, but if it speeds up that could cause problems. Hotel has already told them they will evict if evac order given. St. Charles Parrish (the lower-lying parrish) already has evac order.

Told me wife to call NOW and make reservation for rental car for 1 PM then cancel as they board as a PLAN B and prepare to head EAST not NORTH.

They just printed their boarding passes..

Weather Channel (which I'd take with a grain of salt given their perfect forecast for RA last weekend and it rained 90% of the time) says 25 MPH winds and 90% rain at 11 AM (takeoff time). Not supposed to get over 45 until 11 PM which is when airport shutters flight ops; so issue becomes just how hard it's raining and how much water is dumped on airport by 11 AM....

Everyone in the path (Jules, Dawn, Shawn & Tom) stay safe!! Thinking about you all :please:

Back