EXTRA TAX REBATE CHECK

I believe that active military don't pay taxes only when deployed . I do believe that they should normally pay them but they do need better pay . I'm from a military family and even with the housing and other bennies the pay sucks . Yes I belive that there are other jobs that risk life and limb on a daily basis cops , firemen, ect.. but thier pay is a little better . Still not what it should be but better. No matter what you say about the way the counrty is run it is still the best on e on the planet . If you don't believe me , why are you still here ?? This tax break Will help out the counrty as it did years ago when they did it . Check your facts .
lurk.gif
flame on
firedevil.gif

funny I am waiting to hear the star spangled banner any moment now
laugh.gif

Sambusa: you paint a heck of a picture. All the military is on the front line and in danger every moment. There is only one person in my entire family who hasn't served atleast ONE tour of duty. My grandfather served 2 tours army and 2 marine corp, my father served 19 years USAF, cousins who served USMC for three tours and uncle who served 2 tours Navy. My dad and uncle were both enlisted during vietnam...

Do you realize out of all of us how many actually saw what the miltary considers enough interaction with combat to have it recorded? ONE, my grandfathher in Korea. Hell as a kid I remember the sirens at Cannon AFB and later I remember the codes at FT. Bragg, Boiling and Andrews. If 9/11 isn't proof enough that regardless of how many men you put in other countries, or how strong your military is things still can happen. Now the military has gotten softer, Combat may be getting to the fifth level of doom nowdays. (still floored over army stress cards btw) but don't fool yourself, not everyone will appear on CNN because they just took down an enemy sniper. And most that you do see, by the time they got there...the action was long gone.

People and military have changed, I remember when parents said, " the military will make you a man." Now they say, "sign up and get out so you can go to school." And then they write letters about how they weren't signing up with intention to see actual combat. How about we pay our soldiers TRIPLE their pay, tax it like a citizen, and then charge them regular rates for their health care, insurances, housing and everything else they get subsibdized and I bet they'll want their current pay situation back.

If i read this correctly though, it phases out once you (or your family) income gets up towards 75 grand.

I'm guessing that means that a lot of us here arent getting SHID.
True but then again I'd rather get nothing along with the un-employed than get something while earning plenty to survive on.

Although the notion of those folks who contributed little or nothing to the economy getting a check for sitting on their asses sounds a lot like democrats in action... "One Welfare State, Under God, Budhu, Allah, Yhvh." Pick whichever fits for you best...

Still little more than some token bullcrap... They want to stimulate me they should knock .25 cents off a gallon of gas.
clap.gif

I never said that "All the military is on the front line and in danger every moment" You, however said that their jobs were no more dangerous than mine or yours. That's just retarded. The rest of your ramblings, I'm not gonna waste my time responding. You're pathetic.

I never said that "All the military is on the front line and in danger every moment"  You, however said that their jobs were no more dangerous than mine or yours.  That's just retarded.  The rest of your ramblings, I'm not gonna waste my time responding.  You're pathetic.
and I worry about your opinion of me there internet cowboy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

some of us have dangerous jobs still today.

anyway, you'll still get your $300 either way.
laugh.gif

Me on the other hand, I'll have to wait and hear.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back