Ever just had enough?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
It seems like I have been overwhelmed lately, ever just had one of those months where it just seemed like everything was going wrong.... Kids are arguing, work is pressing on you with a million pounds on your back, timelines, so many things to do and still not enough time when the emergencies come up. I have felt that way for several months now, I have been trying to get the bike-shirts site up, get the van ready to travel to the bash ( I am so looking forward to this) TAXES were coming, I could keep going but we all live this life... I am honestly tired of the politics with this website, who is going to be offended, is this fair, is that fair why did you delete my post. My vision started with a simple place for guys on bikes to meet and visit, MAYBE even ride together if they were close enough.... WOW I think I planned too small..... We have grown, some together, some apart... There are good folks all over the world and I hate that this site has become a place where arguments just go forever...

HOWEVER

I came across a post tonight from Nitrous Junkie, I know that he has done a lot for our country, for the board and for many of the individuals on this site... In a time of need this board came together for a guy that has given so much to all of us, he has in a way represented what this board was meant to be.... I didn't want to post in his thread and hijack his post but I wanted you guys to know that at the end of the day his message is what this place is all about... People helping people in the good times and bad......

I'm spent...... Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create.... I'm positive that there is plenty of room on the Internet for all of us, we seem to not agree on anything these days so I'm not sure why you keep coming back to this site.... Regardless I don't want to banter back and forth about it anymore. I want to put my energies back into what I designed this place for....

This site has turned into a job and no one likes coming home from work to work...... I want my Busa, I want to have fun I want to enjoy this place.......

For all of you that come here and participate, contribute and enjoy, thank you for making this website what it is..... For all that have sent me supportive messages thanks, for all that want to stay and enjoy please do.... I do not want to me a referee any more.........

Now who's buying the first round at the bash?

Cap

Cap, I will be happy to buy you a round or two to say the least. I appreciate all you have done...

Thanks,
Ted

beerchug.gif

Thankyou for all you do Cap not going to the bash but if i was i would buy the first round for sure

(captain @ Mar. 13 2007,21:50) It seems like I have been overwhelmed lately, ever just had one of those months where it just seemed like everything was going wrong.... Kids are arguing, work is pressing on you with a million pounds on your back, timelines, so many things to do and still not enough time when the emergencies come up. I have felt that way for several months now, I have been trying to get the bike-shirts site up, get the van ready to travel to the bash ( I am so looking forward to this) TAXES were coming, I could keep going but we all live this life... I am honestly tired of the politics with this website, who is going to be offended, is this fair, is that fair why did you delete my post. My vision started with a simple place for guys on bikes to meet and visit, MAYBE even ride together if they were close enough.... WOW I think I planned too small..... We have grown, some together, some apart... There are good folks all over the world and I hate that this site has become a place where arguments just go forever...

HOWEVER

I came across a post tonight from Nitrous Junkie, I know that he has done a lot for our country, for the board and for many of the individuals on this site... In a time of need this board came together for a guy that has given so much to all of us, he has in a way represented what this board was meant to be.... I didn't want to post in his thread and hijack his post but I wanted you guys to know that at the end of the day his message is what this place is all about... People helping people in the good times and bad......

I'm spent...... Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create.... I'm positive that there is plenty of room on the Internet for all of us, we seem to not agree on anything these days so I'm not sure why you keep coming back to this site.... Regardless I don't want to banter back and forth about it anymore. I want to put my energies back into what I designed this place for....

This site has turned into a job and no one likes coming home from work to work...... I want my Busa, I want to have fun I want to enjoy this place.......

For all of you that come here and participate, contribute and enjoy, thank you for making this website what it is..... For all that have sent me supportive messages thanks, for all that want to stay and enjoy please do.... I do not want to me a referee any more.........

Now who's buying the first round at the bash?

Cap
It's a dry county babe, but I'm having something imported by a dear and supportive member of this site that has graciously volunteered. So it can be on me. Just get up with me. I'm sure you'll only have 200 other such offers.

Thanx for everything Cap

Well Capt. you know I am one of the "originals" and I agree with what you say. I'm just praying that it doesn't get to the point where you feel as though you want to "pull the plug" again. What you have done for me is made my Busa experience uplifting and fun.

Cap,
Your hard work is very much appreciated here. Of all the sites I visit this is, without a doubt, something very special. Regardless of the fussing that goes on people here care about each other and it shows. I see people doing for others all the time here. I've only made one event (Eureka Springs last year) but realized how truely awesome this place and it's members are. I am proud to be a part of this place! Thank you for the effort you put into this and also a thank's to your family for letting you continue to put in soooooo much time and energy so that Hayabusa.org can exist...
You da man!!!

Mr Captian, this place is as you well know a "cut above" most thanks to yourself and others. There's always gonna be upheavail no matter how well you or anybody else runs it.
Plaese hang in there for the majority of us nonconfrontational sandbaggers that truly enjoy popping in here because of how it is here.
If someone wants something else beyond this place then let them go there and or be that themselves as you have mentioned.
no harm to the majority
just like anything else, it's all about us all looking forward to being where we are at any given moment by our own choice.
hang in there as we are all out of time and if we're truly commited to anything done right then, we'll be running on reserve to make it happen
again, that's life and, so be it.
I seriously doubt us Busa riders by our very nature would sincerely want it any other way truths be told.

Of course, IMHO!!

(captain @ Mar. 13 2007,21:50) I'm spent...... Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create.... I'm positive that there is plenty of room on the Internet for all of us, we seem to not agree on anything these days so I'm not sure why you keep coming back to this site.... Regardless I don't want to banter back and forth about it anymore. I want to put my energies back into what I designed this place for....
Once you mentioned it we never spoke of it again. I spent time here afterwards because people had made purchases from the HID Group Buy and needed to keep communications going.

Captain,
We all apreciate everything you have done to create this board. As for myself, and I'm sure others agree, if you need anything (help, information, money, etc.) all you have to do is let us know you need something. We consider all family and we all do whatever is necessary to take care of the parents. We don't want this board to cause any personal difficulty (personally or financialy) for you or any of your family. With that said, thank you for bringing together so many that are many miles away but only a keyboard click at the same time.

beerchug.gif

Hey Cap, You and your staff of admins do a great job here! With out this place I wouldnt be broke today (kidding I cant run out of money) There is a bunch of really good people on this board, even though we may not always get along we do pull together for a good cause! I think a good idea so every one will know what goes on in the backround is maybe post up some of the things that require attention on a daily basis. Now I'm not saying write a book report, I know you already have lots to do. If some of the mods would post up what they have to do daily then maybe everyone will know how truly difficult it is. Sorry about this but I think some of us (myself included) could benifit from this information. Another thing I have often wondered about is cost? How does that work lets say for every 10,000 posts you have to pay for
rock.gif
amount of storage space, excuse the ignorance I dont know much about these forums but I am willing to learn
bowdown.gif

This place isnt going anywhere... I recant my position from the above post... I read Big George's mesage in the HID thread now its on like Donkey Kong.... Lets just throw it all out there......

I was typing this nice gentle lets just all be friends post and he was typing a you suck thread.....

This place will never shut down.. the day that I am done with it I will pass it on.....

This thread isnt about me, it's about a refreshing post from a great guy....... I lost sight of the vision....... I got caught up in the politics an trying to make everyone happy... Now Im just gonna lay it out.

If it matters, Cap, I'm behind you all the way.

Keep up the great work.

--Wag--

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 13 2007,21:34) Hey Cap, You and your staff of admins do a great job here! With out this place I wouldnt be broke today (kidding I cant run out of money) There is a bunch of really good people on this board, even though we may not always get along we do pull together for a good cause! I think a good idea so every one will know what goes on in the backround is maybe post up some of the things that require attention on a daily basis. Now I'm not saying write a book report, I know you already have lots to do. If some of the mods would post up what they have to do daily then maybe everyone will know how truly difficult it is. Sorry about this but I think some of us (myself included) could benifit from this information. Another thing I have often wondered about is cost? How does that work lets say for every 10,000 posts you have to pay for
rock.gif
amount of storage space, excuse the ignorance I dont know much about these forums but I am willing to learn  
bowdown.gif
Its all about bandwidth and the ability to serve out VAST amounts of data... While we often times have 150 folks on the message board pulling post, images, links, we also have loads of folks hitting the gallery! People link to the gallery from all over the world... You can see links in myspace, japanese web sites, all over... Every time someone not only visits are site but also pulls up one of those places we get a hit too..... Being able to push out content, every time you hit the new post or click on a link into a forum your asking the server for information, little data dips into the database and VIOLA in a fraction of a second you have a webpage...

I used to post stats up but just got too busy to tell you the truth.. Last time I checked the message board pushed about 300 GIG of transfered data a month. The gallery was about 50 gig... I had to take the vids down because their were links all over the Internet to them, it was well above a terabyte a month......

Cap

Cap, please be factual in all your statements. You and I have never argued, ever. I have every email we ever exchanged to include your last. So please leave me out of the drama. Respectfully, Greg

Capt, Im not here to stoke your ego or kiss your a$$, But as I've said so many times, this place is my home away from home. It's very presence and it's numerous great members are the reason why the Busa still sits in my garage.

Props not just to you but to the admins and in particular MCMustang (no disrespect meant to the rest) for continuing to raise the level and quality of this site.

(GPW @ Mar. 13 2007,22:19) Cap, please be factual in all your statements. You and I have never argued, ever. I have every email we ever exchanged to include your last. So please leave me out of the drama. Respectfully, Greg
You know what Greg you are absolutely correct! Are you trying to seperate yourself from the BG situation?

Back