Just a Question

GR8WHITE

Registered
I've got a question that I've been wanting to post for awhile now.
Why is that every time someone has a question on who/what manufactor of a part to use or where to buy a part from , most of the people on this site always reply with a site sponsor ?
I know I'm gonna catch some flak on this question but it just kills me sometime .
I know how important site sponsors are , but when someone asks who/what/where is the best , I think they or we deserve an honest answer  instead of just pointing in the direction of what ever site sponsor carries or makes the part .
For instance I post a question on what part to use or buy is the best and list specific manufactors I like or am looking at and I get site sponsors for answers that was;nt even listed .
I know most site sponsors are small operations and need all the help they can get and thats fine but come on comparing some of these to major manufactors .

Everybody here on the ORG tries to promote Site Sponsors because those Sponsors invest money with the site to be here and sell there products. It only seems fair to promote Site Sponsors because they help with the site. Nobody will be offended but in the same sense nobody is wanting to offend you either. Hopefully you will not take it personally, You can make the choice to either buy from a site sponsor or buy outside the ORG.
thumb_up.gif

What makes you think the site sponsors are not as good as dealing with a mojor manufacturer? The fact that they are part of this community make for far greater customer service than a faceless corporation. Many of the sponsors are carringing the same brand name merchandise, so why not buy it from someone you know from the board? In other cases,they carry a unique product manufactured only by them, then of course the reason is obvious. In any case the board sponsors are a wealth of great knowledge and will give you the straight scoop on what you need and what is the best. You are free to use that knowledge to purchase from anywhere you want. I generally find that the sponsors also have the best prices, so I don't need to go any further.

Hope that helps clear it up.

Additionally, CAP has his reputation on the line when he adds a sponsor to the site. I've been here long enough to know that he isn't going to have someone here as a sponsor who doesnt sell a decent product.

Personally, I'm willing to spend a little more for the same product through a sponsor here. Why? because they're giving back to this place. Without this site, how much $$$ do you think you'd blow on your bike getting the wrong things, screwing things up, having to take something to the dealer instead of doing it yourself, etc...?

YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THE SITE SPONSERS ARE HERE ALL THE TIME AND ALL THESE GUYS KNOW THEM AND THEIR REPUTATION all these sponsers are more than willing to help with ANY topic even if its not what they sell. we are all here to HELP each other so if you get directed to a site sponser OFF TOPIC its because someone KNOWS that sponser know alot about that subject and is more than willing to help. I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH SITE SPONSERS HELP WITH SITE BUT they always have GOOD ADVICE. I HOPE I DIDNT COME ACROSS ABRASIVE just respect 99% of these guys
beerchug.gif

All I am going to say is I work for a dealership and I get all my stuff at cost +10% and some times the Board sponsers here can get me stuff cheaper than what my employee discount can. Not to mention that the sponser here will not try and rip your A$$ off eaither because they are good PEEPS.

see this is why I was'nt gonna post this question .
I'm not saying site sponsors dont make great products or have competitive prices. All the sponsors I have done buisness with so far has been great and make great products . For instance BoostbySmith and PMR super sweet products , nobody else makes stuff like this . If it was'nt for guys like this and their specialty parts I dont know what I would do .But when you ask a question about specific manufactor of a part and get a totally different name because someone only wants to mention a site sponsor product , hey thats just not being fair or honest to anyone .

sounds like you have a specific at least one instance. tell us what it was there may be a good reason or not but you owe it to your self to find out. it obviously bothers you and this many people are not out to screw yu so there is probably either an exception to the norm that you happened to be the poor resipient of OR a good reason you didnt see. BUT AT LEAST YOUR TAKING THE RIGHT STEP AND TRYING TO FIND OUT.

i know you havent trashed anyone yet but give everyone the benefit of the doubt till you find out. beleive it or not these guys are here to HELP

The site sponsors have given of their time to me with newbie questions they have heard a million times before. Just that alone is worth something. Plus they are a big reason why I havent bought the wrong product for my bike, when I didnt know all my alternatives. Buy or dont buy from them. Your choice. I have not had a bad experience or felt taken or ripped off by anyone here. that may not have been your experience on other boards, but here it is the norm. Hayabusa.org is the best busa board for a reason and site sponsors are part of it. just my.02. And welcome to the board !
peace.gif

Your asking a question but not giving us enough information to give you the answer you want.  You sound like there is a specific incident in mind but the rest of us don't have a clue to what you're referring to.

Your saying us, the board, always recommend a site sponsor...  Not true.  I've recommend parts411.com and they don't sponsor the board...  There are a hundreds of examples.

Bottom line is if you want a part.  And a board sponsor carries it for the best price or even close to it, why not buy it from a site sponsor who;
compensates the board to keep it running
will give you great customer service
has a history with other customers you can PM and ask questions to

In the end its your choice.  Recommend who you want and I'll recommend who I want.

And I don't mean to come off rude and don't worry you didn't offend me. Its just like

come on man

out with what is bothering you
sadnews.gif

If a sponsor has the goods then that's where I'm going to direct you. If what you need isn't in our sponsor board, or if something new pops us I have no problem letting anyone know about it.

Site sponsors are what keep the forums alive though. They are advertising for a reason. They can get the job done.

Another thing to consider: you might be able to find a part cheaper off ebay or something where you buy from a seller you dont know.

What happens if said part doesnt fit or what you bought isnt what you wanted? With someone else, who knows what they will do for you. A board sponsor? post your complaints here or pm them directly and watch how fast your issue gets resolved.

First of all, there are too many dealers and manufacturers out there to make them all site sponsors! This board does a VERY good job of weeding out crappy site sponsors and keeping only the best of the best of the best! Okay, that sounded hokey but it IS true.

Regardless, I don't always buy from the site sponsors myself. Mostly, it's because I have a great relationship with a supplier with whom I've done business for over three years.

Bottom line is, I have heard a great many good things about all of the sponsors of this site and when I can, I throw business their way. Partly it IS because they are site sponsors. But make no mistake, they are not defaults JUST because they are site sponsors.

Look, if you don't like a site sponsor, don't buy from them. If you had a legitimate complaint against one and couldn't get it resolved with them in a professional manner, lay it out on the board here and again, stay professional. It may be possible to get it worked out. No mud-slinging, though. Keep it on the up and up. This isn't a place to gripe for the sake of griping.

--Wag--

This post is kind of weird to me.I'm a sponsor here and have sent some of my customers to other sponsors and other manufacturers.I did those things cause I'm a member first,sponsor second and cause I didn't have item at time or knew they could get it cheaper there..All money is not good money in this industry at times...Make a smart buying decision whether you buy here or there...  
thumb_up.gif

Many of the sponsors here started out as members; so they built a reputation before seling parts - additionally, they participate in the board activities: they ride with us at the Bash (or other meet and greets), they provide items for our raffles, help us take care of members who need it, etc. Typically, when you are turned towards a sponsor, it is because they offe the product that you are asking about. But, if you are talking about a specific issue or product - what is it?

And me..
whistling.gif

I buy from sponsors, friends, ebay, internet. I think that most of the people that may push you to sponsors may be more of the Sr. members. Being a tight community, and knowing where the support comes from prolly does have a lot to do with it. A lot of times, site sponsors can get the brand name parts.

Back