Just a Question

And me..
whistling.gif
Yup, another postwhore.  
laugh.gif

I guess I'm not understanding the question. If you want to know who the board recommends for a particular product and it's a board sponsor what's the problem? Unless you have had a problem with that sponsor in which case you should post up about it. If you ask about gear you will hear people say NewEnough.com probably 9 times out of 10. They're not a board sponsor - as an example.

Do we knock manufacturers/companies sometimes - yes. Do we knock sponsors sometimes - yes. The most important thing is that you will get whoever is provides the best prices and customer service for the item you are looking for. And if you don't or you have another option let us know and perhaps they will become the recommendation.

We will definitely try to take care of board sponsors since taking care of us is how they became a sponsor, but if there are better alternatives they will be pushed as well.

Your question does not have enough details for me to fully understand. Feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help

Sometimes a slightly better deal might be found elsewhere searching on the web or ebay. But at what risk. Interacting with the sponsors here you will get to know them. Like Goldenchild said, he sometimes refers members to other sponsors, because they have it and stock and may be buying it deeper than he can.

They site does not restrict product mentions to a specific manufacture. Man I can think of one that does. In the sites owner mind is they do not pay him sponsor fees it does not exist.

One think I always ask of members"¦. If you find a product you like give the sponsors a chance to quote you a price. If I'm buying a item and can find it for $200 for someone I don't normally deal with and a sponsor offers it for $210, guess which way I'm going. It is worth the $10 to me to deal with a sponsor.

What does only 27 post have to do with this question or any other REVOLUTION ?
Sorry I use the search more than I post , like most in here seem to recommend .

I wish I would'nt have posted the question now , like I thought I would.
I have'nt said anything bad about site sponsors , if anything I praised them.
I already mentioned the only two site sponsors I've dealt with so far were great and have great products that no one else makes.
This is crazy.
I did'nt want to mention specific stuff but here we go.
I posted a question about which of four specific swingarm manufactures was the best TRAC , C&S , THOMPSON or BYKE ENGINEERING and I get answers like Canadian Mike and stuff like that . I did'nt ask about Canadian Mike I asked about TRAC , C&S , THOMPSON and BYKE ENGINEERING.

I've been surfing this website since '03. Alot of great info can be found here. It is also a free site. With that being said, when members push a site sponsor that doesn't mean you HAVE to go with them. It is just an option. As with any shopping you do, you should always do your homework before buying anything. I have yet to feel like board members were steering me in the wrong direction. With board sponsors comes piece of mind when ordering something. You know that they have been approved to associate themselves with the board. Slightly higher price is well worth knowing that when you order something, you are going to get exactly what you order.

I posted a question about which of four specific swingarm manufactures was the best TRAC , C&S , THOMPSON or BYKE ENGINEERING and I get answers like Canadian Mike and stuff like that . I did'nt ask about Canadian Mike I asked about TRAC , C&S , THOMPSON and BYKE ENGINEERING.
dude that just doesnt sound like a big deal maybe canadian mike is the best person to answer that question. you must want to resolve this or you wouldnt have posted this issue. if you could find that thread and post the link maybe someone hear could clear it up MAYBE YOU JUST TOOK SOMEONES SHORT THE WRONG WAY

Dude, stop sweating it will ya? Dont take any of it personal! You asked, and you are getting responses. That is the nature of the beast. Just cause someone mentioned Canadian Mike and that was not on your list means absolutely nothing. Maybe the person that brought up mikes swingarm was just trying to do you a favor by giving you one more option. Mikes stuff is top notch. And who know, maybe he could do something a lot more custom and right for you needs than some big company who dont give a flying fukk about you. So this is one reason I am throwing it out there for someone recommending a sponsor here....
Now stop taking the responses to heart.
beerchug.gif

That's still not what I asked I asked about four specific manufactures TRAC , C&S , Byke or Thompson not Canadian Mike or any other non site sponsor manufacture. I'm sure Canadian Mike's swingarms are great just not what I asked .I'm sure now you are going to think I'm talking trash about Canadian Mike in which who may make the best swingarms on the planet .

What does only 27 post have to do with this question or any other REVOLUTION ?
Sorry I use the search more than I post , like most in here seem to recommend .
prolly just some ribbin' & razzin', goes on a lot, nothing ever seems to be meant by it, which you should know since you've been surfing through the searches. these seem to be great guys, esp. the ones I've had the privelage to meet in person. I used to live in Jax. you in the service or a civi? any how... hope every thing works out
beerchug.gif

'Cause Charles at street&track doesn't know me from roadkill, yet he gives me a good deal and he ships stuff worth thousands of dollars to a foreign post office box. No questions asked. That's why I use a board sponsor.

cheers
ken

P.S. and I only got 300 some odd posts since april '06
laugh.gif

I'm sure now you are going to think I'm talking trash about Canadian Mike in which who may make the best swingarms on the planet .
Nope, not at all! I'm thinking why the hell is it even bothering you like this.... BTW, I personally think that Goldenchild did an excellent job of throwing out a bunch of different pics of swingarms for you.
and by the way, he left out Canadian Mikes just fer you....

I wish I would'nt have posted the question now , like I thought I would.
I have'nt said anything bad about site sponsors , if anything I praised them.
I already mentioned the only two site sponsors I've dealt with so far were great and have great products that no one else makes.
This is crazy.
also with what you posted about there are alot of other swingarm manufactures out there that maybe you didnt know about that is why others were brought up you just asked about some of the bigger names that you had seen if you wonder about them go to there website and they will tell you all you need to know about them. i always ask board sponsors first for a price and i dont always buy from them, but they always send you back a response. on the swingarm deal there are not alot of people on this site that have extended bikes i do and i have a zook arm he is not a sponsor here. you should check out the other hayabusa site they have alot more info on the extended high performance side of the hayabusa.

I think I see where you are coming from GR8White.

Here's the deal...

You asked about 4 specific dealers and one specific product. Several things could have happened.

1.) If no one had any opinion on those four you asked about they could try and be helpful, throwing out ones they *DID* have experience with. I believe this is what happened in the end.

2.) People who had experience with those four could have posted giving you their views.

3.) No one had any experience with these 4 vendors and following your question to the letter no one actually responded to your thread.

I am not sure which thread you are referring to so I am not going to judge but out of those three it sounds like everyone did the best they could to be helpful even though they couldn't give you the perfect answer you were looking for. I think this post was valid. It gave you some insight into how helpful this place can be at times!

Either way, I have no clue. My Busa is almost stock.

Good luck either way and
welcome.gif
to the oRg!

...sometimes we just dont get the answers we want...sorry. No hard feelings.
beerchug.gif

I think I see where you are coming from GR8White.

Here's the deal...

You asked about 4 specific dealers and one specific product.  Several things could have happened.

1.)  If no one had any opinion on those four you asked about they could try and be helpful, throwing out ones they *DID* have experience with.  I believe this is what happened in the end.  

2.)  People who had experience with those four could have posted giving you their views.

3.)  No one had any experience with these 4 vendors and following your question to the letter no one actually responded to your thread.

I am not sure which thread you are referring to so I am not going to judge but out of those three it sounds like everyone did the best they could to be helpful even though they couldn't give you the perfect answer you were looking for.  I think this post was valid.  It gave you some insight into how helpful this place can be at times!

Either way, I have no clue.  My Busa is almost stock.

Good luck either way and  
welcome.gif
to the oRg!
clap.gif
very good spike i think that was well put
hello.gif

Back