Ever just had enough?

Let me also say that we have THOUSANDS of Pm's and emails that run through the mail server every day... Just think about all the folks that track topics via email, all the messages and all of the emails from the board.... There is a lot...

(GPW @ Mar. 13 2007,22:19) Cap, please be factual in all your statements. You and I have never argued, ever. I have every email we ever exchanged to include your last. So please leave me out of the drama. Respectfully, Greg
Since the Cappy is spent...

Greg, he simply asked that you refrain from advertising on the site going forward. He was very particular with how he worded it.

You + advertising = no no.

tounge.gif

(captain @ Mar. 13 2007,20:50) ...

I'm spent...... Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create

For further review
wink.gif

I read it as "Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you"

followed by

"oh, and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create".

As a moderator on other forums I understand on a smaller level what you mean. My roommate is the owner of the site and I see him stressed on an almost daily basis just trying to keep up.

Like many things something where peopel take and you give is like a business. You have basically made a job for yourself on some level.

While I can do nothing to help, you have the thanks of somoene who came here FIRST when they were buying their Hayabusa. I am appreciative of the time and effort you have spent to make a place where we have a shared intrest.

Thank you

(Nekosohana @ Mar. 13 2007,23:27) As a moderator on other forums I understand on a smaller level what you mean.  My roommate is the owner of the site and I see him stressed on an almost daily basis just trying to keep up.

Like many things something where peopel take and you give is like a business.  You have basically made a job for yourself on some level.

While I can do nothing to help, you have the thanks of somoene who came here FIRST when they were buying their Hayabusa.  I am appreciative of the time and effort you have spent to make a place where we have a shared intrest.

Thank you
I didn't post this for sympathy but an honest view of where I was at earlier in the evening, NJ has a special place on this board for several reasons and it was VERY refreshing to see that the members stepped up and showed him what we are about.

While I can do nothing to help, you have the thanks of somoene who came here FIRST when they were buying their Hayabusa. I am appreciative of the time and effort you have spent to make a place where we have a shared intrest.[/Quote]

Glad to see you on a busa.... The guys here have all the answers not me...

cap

After spending a lot of hours looking at the 05 LE on the showroom floor, I did a Google search and found this site. Then I spent hours and hours reading about the Hayabusa here--all the good and the things to watch out for. Then it was a pic of one member's 05 LE that I kept staring at, day after day.

If I hadn't spent the time on this site, I may have taken the bike back after it missed gears between 4-5 and 5-6, or I may have watched her fall over because I didn't know about the kickstand mod.

But more than that, this is a place for people to help others ... whether it's advice about a repair or a mod, or helping someone who's down for the moment, or just saying that their bike looks cool.

Keep up the good work, Cap, and try not to let the politics get to you. But once you get two people together, you've got politics. People will have misunderstandings, and not eveyone gets along. But if we understand that going into the game, we should all respect each other. And once you have respect, everything else falls into place.

Man, I hate it when I create a long post.

(HT_USMC @ Mar. 14 2007,00:22)
(captain @ Mar. 13 2007,20:50) ...

I'm spent...... Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create

For further review  
wink.gif

I read it as "Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you"

followed by

"oh, and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create".
+1 thats how I saw it too. As I understood before from Cap, you left on good terms.

hey CAp, Phillips Rm. 103...swing on by- i got ya covered
beerchug.gif

it's the least i can do to express my thanks for what you have created here...i am still finding new threads, learning more every day, and making some great friends...thank you
bowdown.gif

(semi @ Mar. 14 2007,08:52) hey CAp, Phillips Rm. 103...swing on by- i got ya covered
beerchug.gif

it's the least i can do to express my thanks for what you have created here...i am still finding new threads, learning more every day, and making some great friends...thank you
bowdown.gif
Speaking of I need to go find that need a room thread
smile.gif

Not much of a poster, but I really enjoy the site and Captain's vision is a big part of the reason. Thanks for giving me a place to keep up and get valuable information

All the gratitude has been expressed, problem addressed, and the fact remains that this is a great forum; easily the best that I've been a part of. A giant thanks to admin and especially The Cap
beerchug.gif
. Hang in there, Cap, when you swing a leg over that Busa the smile will overwhelm most of the crap you've endured
smile.gif

(dadofthree @ Mar. 13 2007,21:59)
(captain @ Mar. 13 2007,21:50) It seems like I have  been overwhelmed lately, ever just had one of those months where it just seemed like everything was going wrong.... Kids are arguing, work is pressing on you with a million pounds on your back, timelines, so many things to do and still not enough time when the emergencies come up. I have felt that way for several months now, I have been trying to get the bike-shirts site up, get the van ready to travel to the bash ( I am so looking forward to this) TAXES were coming, I could keep going but we all live this life... I am honestly tired of the politics with this website, who is going to be offended, is this fair, is that fair why did you delete my post. My vision started with a simple place for guys on bikes to meet and visit, MAYBE even ride together if they were close enough.... WOW I think I planned too small..... We have grown, some together, some apart... There are good folks all over the world and I hate that this site has become a place where arguments just go forever...

HOWEVER

I came across a post tonight from Nitrous Junkie, I know that he has done a lot for our country, for the board and for many of the individuals on this site... In a time of need this board came together for a guy that has given so much to all of us, he has in a way represented what this board was meant to be.... I didn't want to post in his thread and hijack his post but I wanted you guys to know that at the end of the day his message is what this place is all about... People helping people in the good times and bad......

I'm spent...... Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create.... I'm positive that there is plenty of room on the Internet for all of us, we seem to not agree on anything these days so I'm not sure why you keep coming back to this site.... Regardless I don't want to banter back and forth about it anymore. I want to put my energies back into what I designed this place for....

This site has turned into a job and no one likes coming home from work to work...... I want my Busa, I want to have fun I want to enjoy this place.......

For all of you that come here and participate, contribute and enjoy, thank you for making this website what it is..... For all that have sent me supportive messages thanks, for all that want to stay and enjoy please do.... I do not want to me a referee any more.........

Now who's buying the first round at the bash?

Cap
It's a dry county babe, but I'm having something imported by a dear and supportive member of this site that has graciously volunteered. So it can be on me. Just get up with me. I'm sure you'll only have 200 other such offers.

Thanx for everything Cap
What is this "dry county" you speak of
eek2.gif
Say it isn't so

(captain @ Mar. 14 2007,08:56)
(semi @ Mar. 14 2007,08:52) hey CAp, Phillips Rm. 103...swing on by- i got ya covered
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif
Speaking of I need to go find that need a room thread
smile.gif
I have a room at the Microtel to turn over to you...

Let em know if you want it and I will call and have them switch the reservation...

Michelle will be there as well..

I know nothing of this situation or any others and frankly I don't care. I became a member of this site because I was a new Busa owner and a guy I met at the race track told me to check out the site. Since then we've been good friends.(mrninja) I knew nothing about pair valve mods or airbox mods or how to change my own tires but after becoming a member of the board I feel like there is not a single problem I will ever encounter on my bike that I can't fix with the help of the board. I'm sure that the senior members of the board have seen their share of people come and go and it sux to sit here and read these threads like this. Obviously Cap you have done the unthinkable with this board. You have managed to bring together thousands of people from across the country and the world who simply were brought together by 1 commonality and that's the Suzuki Hayabusa. However in doing so, we have all found guys out here on the board that share a lot more than just the interest in the busa. We've made friends that can be depended upon in times of need. Help with finding parts, good deals on new gear, a couch to crash on when we roll through the state they live in. True friends. This is what I see the board as. Not just some internet chat site but a reunion of friends and family. My life has truly been changed. Motorcycle is no longer a weekend thing, it is a lifestyle. I don't know much of the inner workings of the site. I know Cap is the boss and anyone else is hired help with no pay other than satisfaction. In my opinion, screw anyone who has anything but praise for you and this site. There IS room on the internet for everyone and if you don't like the way things are here, there are plenty of other sites. But just like here, they have rules.

Appreciate what you have here before it's gone. Take advantage of a good thing.

Thanks Cap, you truly are the man. I appreciate what you've done here.
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

rant.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Doug, if we have to toss yamahor out by the fire pit for the night, so be it, you'll have a place to stay
tounge.gif

I'm sorry things get hectic and the politics sometimes take over...in the end though, we've got a great group of people here that strive for the betterment of the entire site.  Hell, I'd say there are more than a few that will agree we can all see past a lot you might have on your plate because this site ADDS to owning the bike we've chosen.  Many here don't get mired down in the red tape.  We gather for the sheer enjoyment of sharing info, exchanging ideas, getting together on rides and making friends...

It's not all bad and it's time to set some of the messes aside and go shopping for your Busa  
beerchug.gif

(Black Bird Killer @ Mar. 14 2007,10:34)
(captain @ Mar. 13 2007,21:50) It seems like I have been overwhelmed lately, ever just had one of those months where it just seemed like everything was going wrong.... Kids are arguing, work is pressing on you with a million pounds on your back, timelines, so many things to do and still not enough time when the emergencies come up. I have felt that way for several months now, I have been trying to get the bike-shirts site up, get the van ready to travel to the bash ( I am so looking forward to this) TAXES were coming, I could keep going but we all live this life... I am honestly tired of the politics with this website, who is going to be offended, is this fair, is that fair why did you delete my post. My vision started with a simple place for guys on bikes to meet and visit, MAYBE even ride together if they were close enough.... WOW I think I planned too small..... We have grown, some together, some apart... There are good folks all over the world and I hate that this site has become a place where arguments just go forever...

HOWEVER

I came across a post tonight from Nitrous Junkie, I know that he has done a lot for our country, for the board and for many of the individuals on this site... In a time of need this board came together for a guy that has given so much to all of us, he has in a way represented what this board was meant to be.... I didn't want to post in his thread and hijack his post but I wanted you guys to know that at the end of the day his message is what this place is all about... People helping people in the good times and bad......

I'm spent...... Big George, I'm tired of arguing with you and Greg, I simply ask that you not advertise your new board here and that you keep your sales threads on your new site that you have chosen to create.... I'm positive that there is plenty of room on the Internet for all of us, we seem to not agree on anything these days so I'm not sure why you keep coming back to this site.... Regardless I don't want to banter back and forth about it anymore. I want to put my energies back into what I designed this place for....

This site has turned into a job and no one likes coming home from work to work...... I want my Busa, I want to have fun I want to enjoy this place.......

For all of you that come here and participate, contribute and enjoy, thank you for making this website what it is..... For all that have sent me supportive messages thanks, for all that want to stay and enjoy please do.... I do not want to me a referee any more.........

Cap
It's a dry county babe, but I'm having something imported by a dear and supportive member of this site that has graciously volunteered. So it can be on me. Just get up with me. I'm sure you'll only have 200 other such offers.

Thanx for everything Cap
eek2.gif
Say it isn't so
It's what I been told brother
laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Mar. 14 2007,10:56) Doug, if we have to toss yamahor out by the fire pit for the night, so be it, you'll have a place to stay
tounge.gif

I'm sorry things get hectic and the politics sometimes take over...in the end though, we've got a great group of people here that strive for the betterment of the entire site.  Hell, I'd say there are more than a few that will agree we can all see past a lot you might have on your plate because this site ADDS to owning the bike we've chosen.  Many here don't get mired down in the red tape.  We gather for the sheer enjoyment of sharing info, exchanging ideas, getting together on rides and making friends...

It's not all bad and it's time to set some of the messes aside and go shopping for your Busa  
beerchug.gif
I've offered my Microtel room for him... I'd just need to change reservation info. I got a room through gixerhp at the Phillips for Paul and I...

(Black Bird Killer @ Mar. 14 2007,10:34)
(captain @ Mar. 13 2007,21:50) It seems like I have  been overwhelmed lately, ever just had one of those months where it just seemed like everything was going wrong.... Kids are arguing, work is pressing on you with a million pounds on your back, timelines, so many things to do and still not enough time when the emergencies come up. I have felt that way for several months now, I have been trying to get the bike-shirts site up, get the van ready to travel to the bash ( I am so looking forward to this) TAXES were coming, I could keep going but we all live this life... I am honestly tired of the politics with this website, who is going to be offended, is this fair, is that fair why did you delete my post. My vision started with a simple place for guys on bikes to meet and visit, MAYBE even ride together if they were close enough.... WOW I think I planned too small..... We have grown, some together, some apart... There are good folks all over the world and I hate that this site has become a place where arguments just go forever...

HOWEVER

Cap

Thanx for everything Cap
eek2.gif
Say it isn't so
Sam, you gonna show up?

(yamahor @ Mar. 14 2007,11:09) I've offered my Microtel room for him...
Soooo, what you're saying is you're not going to <s>pass out</s> sleep by the fire pit?

tounge.gif

Bring more beer; we might need it...  
smile.gif

Back