ethanol free 90 octane...hmmm

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
A local gas station has started selling 90 octane ethanol free gas.
Bike is a Gen I dyno tuned @ 87 octane.

I wonder if it's worth the 3 octane points to get rid of ethanol?
Probably not huh?

Ethanol sux, wish they had 87 ethanol free, be done deal then.

The extra octane won't hurt one bit. Depending on how you typically ride you'll pick up some MPG, that to me would be worth it.

I would give up 5 hp for ethanol free but that is just me:dunno: I go out of my way and pay .10 more per gallon to get pure gas. They have 87, 89 and 93 ethanol free.

Oklahoma... most are E free. However, I do not have 93 available for me in my home town. Only 91.

If you are like me and don't have an ethanol free source close to your home then Startron is a great additive that will reduce some of the negative effects of ethanol. I have been using it in all of my small engines including bikes for several years with good success.

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment - HOME

If you are like me and don't have an ethanol free source close to your home then Startron is a great additive that will reduce some of the negative effects of ethanol. I have been using it in all of my small engines including bikes for several years with good success.

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment - HOME

I see three stations in Brookhaven, MS that have ethanol free gas.

Brookhaven UNBRANDED 87 89 93 Foster's East Monticello St. N31.57965 W90.44230 map details
Brookhaven UNBRANDED 87 93 R.B. Wall Oil Company 1220 Hwy 51 Ne N31.59935 W90.41702 map details
Brookhaven UNBRANDED 87 89 93 Tillotsons Economy Service 307 Hwy 51 S N31.57622 W90.45657 map details

Ethanol-free gas stations in MS
Hope the information is correct.

I see three stations in Brookhaven, MS that have ethanol free gas.

Brookhaven UNBRANDED 87 89 93 Foster's East Monticello St. N31.57965 W90.44230 map details
Brookhaven UNBRANDED 87 93 R.B. Wall Oil Company 1220 Hwy 51 Ne N31.59935 W90.41702 map details
Brookhaven UNBRANDED 87 89 93 Tillotsons Economy Service 307 Hwy 51 S N31.57622 W90.45657 map details

Ethanol-free gas stations in MS
Hope the information is correct.

Thanks a ton. I never knew about this website but this is great. From looking at the map all of these are kinda off the beaten path but I will make my way to them now.

I used to drive way out of my way to run ethanol free fuel in my 300ZX TwinTurbo until I couldn't find it any more. Lost a couple injectors in my N/A Z but the TT had new NISMO injectors and I didn't have a problem with them.

Do you guys realize there are folks that run E85 with success in these bikes? I avoid E10 also just because I want consistency and my bike isn't specifically tuned for it but for regular riding is is ok. I drag race my bike and spray nitrous with it so I get the 93 pure gas.

Do you guys realize there are folks that run E85 with success in these bikes? I avoid E10 also just because I want consistency and my bike isn't specifically tuned for it but for regular riding is is ok. I drag race my bike and spray nitrous with it so I get the 93 pure gas.

Who is running E85 in a Busa and what have they done to the bike to make it work?

The bikes are made for ethanol use (GenII). You should all be looking for a Top Tier gasoline like Shell or Mobil. Google top tier gasoline for info. It is FAR more important than wondering if you have 10% ethanol or not. Lawnmowers and such depends on the manufacturers advice.

Guys who run 87 octane crap gas, tear the motor down and they look terrible, gasoline varnish and dirt everywhere. Go Top Tier all the way.

The bikes are made for ethanol use (GenII). You should all be looking for a Top Tier gasoline like Shell or Mobil. Google top tier gasoline for info. It is FAR more important than wondering if you have 10% ethanol or not. Lawnmowers and such depends on the manufacturers advice.

Guys who run 87 octane crap gas, tear the motor down and they look terrible, gasoline varnish and dirt everywhere. Go Top Tier all the way.

Amen!!! The biggest issue with the ethanol is that it is much more corrosive that non ethanol products. Because I don't ride the BMW as often, I also use dose of SeaFoam between rides. The SeaFoam also helps with lawn equipment.

The busa will benefit from 90 octane fuel when it is really hot out and your wringing the pee out of it. otherwise 87 is fine...i must say 87 ocatane is a little hard on the valves due to slight detonation.

I can really use the 90 octane non ethanol here for my boat!!! twin 800hp FI supercharged motors!

Where I live, we've had 10% ethanol since the late 70s which is about the time emission testing began. I can't believe how some people think it's something new. :rofl:

I put my snowblower away in March, pull it out usually in December and it starts right up. 12 years and I've never touched the carb. Lawn tractor is put away in November and starts right up again in April and once again it's 12 years old and I've never had a carb issue. I can also say the same for weed-eater, chainsaw and a generator which often as 2 to 3 year old gas in it.

Pretty much any vehicle since the early 1980s has been designed to use 10% ethanol. If you have an old car, open the owner's manual and read it. Too much drama over nothing.

Back