Engine parts

crawler

Registered
photo2.jpg

Waiting on rods to get here and my RCC stuff. About to have some fun.

Thanks to Frank at Powerhouse.
Richard at RCC
Greg Smith from BoostBySmith

Another sleeper GenII on the way!

watch Tombo hayabusa engine rebuild on youtube he will show you how to dress those pistons to prevent hotspots.

Wossner Gen 2 turbo pistons with the reverse dome are already finished and don''t need to be "dressed", the Gen 1 pistons are the same way. They are already chamfered, they are even balanced, along with being horizontally gas ported and moly coated. IMHO, they are the best off the shelf turbo pistons available today . . .

A few more months and I hope to be ordering some of those parts from Richard myself... :whistle:
As much hinting as I've seen from you lately; I thought you were going to just unveil a new boosted bad boy any day now. I wish you the best with your project. I'm just parts gathering now. Still riding every day I can. I know I'll be down a few weeks when it all happens.

Called Cheese and left a message a few days ago. Haven't heard back.

I'll do the build here and use Gregs base map to get me going. I'll put it on the dyno to check the AFR. If it checks out safe then I'll street ride and dataqlog from there.

After that it may go to Johnny.

I had planned to but we have had a few losses in the family so I have held off. I don't want to waste anyones time so will hang low until I can make the call to Richard and get it done. ;)

Good luck with yours. Looking forward to your build/results... :beerchug:

Friday's delivery. Parts from RCC.

Garret had a delay causing Richard to have to send the turbo separate. Manifold will ship with the turbo.

All lines are labeled and idiot proof. Richard and RCC build a great kit. Also Frank at PowerhouseMC.com has been a great resource in this build.

Thank you Richard and Frank for your diligence and hard work.

RCC added the bung for my wideband O2 and the flange for the BOV I already had for a very reasonable cost.

10a67b3e.jpg

that exhaust with the wastegate tied into it look excellent, should give a sweet sound, good luck with your project

That's gonna be awesome. I am running a stage I on my 09 with stock engine so I can't push the boost over the 6 pounds I am running now. Next year I want get into the engine and do the piston/rod/valvetrain upgrade too. I am in Mansfield, so when it's done I'd love to see you take it down the track (if your into that sort of thing). Keep us posted on the progress...:thumbsup:

Crawler, i noticed from the picts you are not useing a fmu and going with a 1:1 reg. are you going to use secondaries or larger injectors?

Crawler, i noticed from the picts you are not useing a fmu and going with a 1:1 reg. are you going to use secondaries or larger injectors?

Neither one. On the Gen2 the stock primary and secondary injectors combined can support around 350hp. The math says that they can go higher. But we've seen them go to 350 more than once.

In the future I'll probably go with a larger upper fuel rail and larger secondaries.

Back