Engine ice

busa_boy_69

Registered
I recently ordered a Muzzys fan for my bike and was thinking about swapping the coolant out for engine ice. I have only heard talk of this stuff though I have never seen it or watter wetter anywhere.

Guys that are running it where do you get it?

I had the dealer order mine. Wasnt cheap but its just not cheap. Works great though
cool.gif
just make sure you get it done right, flush the system with deionized water and then put the blue stuff in
smile.gif

Local busa tuner in KC area sells for $17.95 / 1/2 gal. Most other places I've seen are $20+ / 1/2 gal.

You'll need 1 gal (2 jugs) of the stuff. You won't use the entire gallon, but you'll need more than 1/2.

The blue coolant you mention propylene glycol based, I can get gallons of that stuff free. What specific gravity is recommended for the final mix? I will look up our charts on the coolant and bring some home.

Oh and almost forgot to mention the blue color is from copper (very high in copper content which still makes it toxic) which may be why it aids in cooling but I will look in to that when I get to work tomorrow. We have some data there I have not reviewed in a while.

Most of my local dealers carry it. The price has gone from $15 to $23 in the last couple of years. It got popular and of course they blew it up.

products.jpg

Hey Josh!  I have it in my bike.  Next time we ride (this weekend maybe?) remind me to show you.  It's blue, but after a few runs, it has a purple look to it.  Also, I can't remember where I got it from, but I just did a google search for it and found a site selling it for $16.99 per bottle.  I got it last month. I needed it for the track.  Wish you would've told me you wanted it then, I would still have the receipt to know where I got it from.

Oh yeah....I have 1/2 a bottle left that you can have!  Let me know if you want it.

<!--EDIT|NickHayabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155254802 -->

Okay, so when it comes time to change coolant how do you get rid of the old stuff and add Engine Ice? Heard it will keep your fan from coming on even in 95 degree weather.

I give the old stuff to the neighbor's cat....

your fan doesn't care what temp it is outside....once the coolant reaches a certain temp, the temp sensor triggers a relay that powers the fan.
if your coolant doesn't get hot enough, the fan will never come on.

Okay, so when it comes time to change coolant how do you get rid of the old stuff and add Engine Ice?  Heard it will keep your fan from coming on even in 95 degree weather.
Undo all the hoses and drain them. Drain from the plug also. Drain resevoir also. Rinse with DI water if you want and then add ENGINE ICE. Take old stuff to autoparts store as you do your oil when you get rid of it. Atleast that's what I do. I use old 1 gallon cat liter containers and fill them up with old oil or coolant. Then when they're full, I take them to auto store for them to dispose of.

Hey Josh!  I have it in my bike.  Next time we ride (this weekend maybe?) remind me to show you.  It's blue, but after a few runs, it has a purple look to it.  Also, I can't remember where I got it from, but I just did a google search for it and found a site selling it for $16.99 per bottle.  I got it last month. I needed it for the track.  Wish you would've told me you wanted it then, I would still have the receipt to know where I got it from.

Oh yeah....I have 1/2 a bottle left that you can have!  Let me know if you want it.
Hell yeah dude I'll take that jug off your hands. I'll sync your carbs in exchange when they are due how about that? Dude I wish you knew where you bought the stuff though. U seen it anywhere around here?

Hell yeah dude I'll take that jug off your hands. I'll sync your carbs in exchange when they are due how about that? Dude I wish you knew where you bought the stuff though. U seen it anywhere around here?
No I haven't. I'll check to see if I can find that site again.

Back