hmf exhaust, muzzy fan, engine ice

mistah187

Registered
well i finally did it. just installed my new hmf highrise full system, power commander, muzzy fan and engine ice. it was a full 14 hour day. but its done and it came out beautiful. oh and i removed the pair valve.

side_of_busa_done..jpg

Love the HMF!! Decided im goin with the HMF highmount too. Hope u dont mind if i drop u a few PM;s for questions!!

Awesome look!!
beerchug.gif

i found this little plug in the screws and bolts section of lowes to plug the large hose that was connected to the pair valve.

hose_and_plug.jpg

one last shot of the exhaust. it sound great and with the power commander it runs great. now i need to get her dynoed to see where she is. don know whats next maybe cams and pistons, well accually i need to do a complete galfer set up to slow her down now.

rear_shot_of_exhaust..jpg

thanx. it takes a while but once you get the headers all to line up every thing else is a breeze. alot of people have had clearance issues but i think that hmf got it worked out because i had no such issues. it all lined up great with the swing arm. the bottom wing however does touch the x pipe but with the wrap to x pipe no issues. just did about 120 miles today and no melting or anything.

where'd you pick up your header wrap?? where'd u pick up your exhaust?? SOrry, i got lots o questions

i got the header wrap at a store called toggnotties here in sacramento ca, but the brand is thermo tech, i went with the copper insulated its supposidly (spelling) the best. i got thermoteck or dei metal straps that were like 20 bucks and a complete rip off. they were horrible so i went to the stor and got some stainless steal straps from the plumbing isle for like a dollar a pieace.

the exhaust i got straight from hmf. they built it exactly how i wanted and it was a good turn around time, about 2weeks, because they build every order custom. i also got my power commander from them they put a map on there for me, but i changed it already to one that a member here gave me.

Guess im wonderin how they custom made your exhaust? wonder how much it would differ if i went with one from say kneedraggers.com that is goin got $915.00 TYD?

probably the same thing. its not that its built diffent i just told them the black tips for example. 915 tyd is a good deal especially on the carbon fiber.

if you search header wrap youll get a bunch of answers. some say no on titanium and some say no to all. i call hmf and they recommended it. it keeps the gases hot and therefore lets them exit faster. it also keeps the heat off the radiator.

oh, well the carbon fiber on their site was a little bit higher, i was quotin for the stainless pipes/caps.

Guy down here at the Suzi dealership (parts) said he would beat it, so he told me $910. Thanks buddy!! Ha!
cool.gif

Back