Engine Ice

Speed King

Banned
I put Engine Ice in my kawasaki and it seems to work good.
My fan used to come on at 213 and takes longer to reach that point, since I flushed my radiator with 50/50 vinegar and distilled water and put Engine Coolant in, my fan does not come on till it reaches 216.

:thumbsup: groovy. may have to give it a try when the time comes.
thanks, and "Long Live the King".

Last edited:
I have it in now, i dont like it. My fan kicks on more now than it ever has. Goin back to OEM

btw you have to clean flush your radiator with 50/50 water/vinegar and read the directions when using Engine Ice or it wont be as effective.

I have used it for the last 2 years and im happy with the stuff. put a lower temp fan switch and muzzy blade on too. i think its good stuff

I have read reviews on the net and it seems like a lot of people don't like Engine Ice, I cant understand why.???

I have said this before on other posts concerning Engine Ice. I uesed to be sponsored by them, while it is a decent product and it will keep your bike cooler than regular factory coolant it is not legal for racing and it kills pets if they happen to drink it.

Motul's MoCool keeps my bike cooler, you use 1 part per 20 parts of water, it is legal for racing and it does not kill pets if they drink it.

And I am not even sponsored by MoCool, I pay for it and switched...

I put Engine Ice in my kawasaki and it seems to work good.
My fan used to come on at 213 and takes longer to reach that point, since I flushed my radiator with 50/50 vinegar and distilled water and put Engine Coolant in, my fan does not come on till it reaches 216.

How many times did you flush the cooling system with the 50/50 mix of the distilled water/vinegar?

hmmm, thats strange, i wonder why, my fan kicks on less than before when I had the OEM stuff in there.

IDk, I flushed with distilled water, maybe some OEM stuff still left in the motor that mixed in? Should I have run the bike till the fan came on to circulate the old stuff out out of the motor?

I have it in my Busa and see no difference whatsoever. I works fine, but so does antifreeze. I read later that studies demonstrate it no superior to anti freeze.

so.. your fan comes on at a higher temperature now?
shouldn't the fan come on at the same temp.. regardless of what's in it?

water wetter for me. I've tried engine ice with no positive results. I have a bottl of MoCool sitting around that I will try this summer.

btw, speed king what are you using to get the coolant temp and where is it located? It must be somewhere other than where the fan temp switch is located. The fan switch is temp sensitive so it should always go on/off at roughly the same temps. The switch doesn't know what kind of fluid is in the system, only temp.

water wetter for me. I've tried engine ice with no positive results. I have a bottl of MoCool sitting around that I will try this summer.

btw, speed king what are you using to get the coolant temp and where is it located? It must be somewhere other than where the fan temp switch is located. The fan switch is temp sensitive so it should always go on/off at roughly the same temps. The switch doesn't know what kind of fluid is in the system, only temp.

He's been banned. Maybe back under an alias like some others. :whistle:

He's been banned. Maybe back under an alias like some others. :whistle:

Speed King
Two...and whatever other names he was using...it was Billybusa...the guy that went balistic on cap in the past.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back