Engine Ice

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks got a question when going from the regular coolant to Engine Ice do you need to flush the cooling system with water before you pouring in the Engine Ice?

How old is your coolant
rock.gif
Miles
rock.gif

rock.gif

My coolant was less than a year old but about 14000 miles or so....I didn't flush- just drained out the old and put the new in....coolin' like a charm...also added the manual fan switch to use as needed too===gets really hot and humid here in Mississippi...I never get even to the middle mark on the gauge now...and just went to Little Sturgis here in MS this weekend, temps in high 90's to 100- used the switch when in slllloooooowwww traffic and engine ice and never got even up to the mid-mark on the temp gauge. I think the combo of the two works well
super.gif
super.gif

100_4945copy.jpg

super.gif

I have an 05 LE with a little over 10,000 miles but the bike is and coolant are 2 years old and the owners manual calls for the coolant to be changed every 2 years so I decided to go ahead and change it. Just wanted to know if any of you guys flushed the system before adding Engine Ice

Yes you should flush it first...use distilled water when you refill it
wink.gif

This is from Engine Ice's website:

For any coolant and anytime you are changing coolant, we recommend a simple solution of distilled water and white distilled vinegar, both available at your local grocery store.

1. Mix the water/vinegar at 50/50

2. Fill system with the solution

3. Run engine until warm

4. Let cool

5. Drain

6. Run clear water through to rinse out vinegar.

7. Fill with coolant of choice.

I just flushed my stock coolant out yesterday with half distilled vinegar and half distilled water,then a final flush with distilled water,probably overkill but oh well.Then I added LP High performance coolant instead of stock.

Back