engine ice

BUSAFETT

Registered
I know this came up once before, but I wanted to revisit it one more time before doing the swap on my '05.. How many of you are running ENGINE ICE for your antifreeze?

BF

I just swapped to Engine Ice and added the Muzzy fan. I am not 100% sure it made a difference worth the effort, but sometimes I do not notice it unless it is broke. ...and at $20 a bottle (it takes more than one) price is not cheap.

Engine Ice... still sitting in the corner of the garage... not sure if I'll even get to it this season. Muzzy fan upgrade.

lurk.gif
'08 came with dual cooling fans
super.gif

laugh.gif

Muzzy fan and engine ice and it made a big difference for me.... BIG. I LOVE the stuff when I'm sitting in heavy traffic it works! If you're not in heavy s l o w traffic you won't notice it much. love it, love it, love it...
beerchug.gif

It is not a substitute for antifreeze to prevent freezing.

have the ice and a muzzy fan and i noticed that once the fan does kick on it cools much faster

Haven't put it in my bike, but it made a BIG difference in my VETTE ! And at two bottles for the Vette, I'am glad it did. Actually dropped my temps by 20 F, from running at a normal 225 F; to 201 to 205 F  
super.gif

Poured both bottles into a 1 gallon milk jug for storing because one of the bottles it came with had a small leak (consolidation), so when I went to finally get the EI off the garage shelf I found the container empty!  It leaked through and all over the floor.  I guess the stuff is not as non-toxic as we all thought.

Going w/ Water Wetter next go around. I'll never have to worry about freezing here in FL, especially with a garage.

(Professor @ Aug. 07 2007,23:flamethrowing:) It is not a substitute for antifreeze to prevent freezing.
From the vendor site:

But does Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant TM protect an alloy engine as well as regular antifreeze?

You bet! Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant TM offers excellent alloy protection for Motorcycle engines against corrosion, overheating, & freezing. Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant TM is pre-mixed at a 1:1 ratio with de-ionized (DI) water and has a boiling point of 256oF and a freezing point of -26oF. Propylene glycol engine coolants will perform superbly under most operating conditions and will not affect factory warranty coverage.

Water wetter, Muzzy fan, Mobile 1, and I get the kids to wash the bugs from the radiator about every other week or so when they wash the bike. Did it all at once after fighting overheating and haven't had a problem since (normal conditions) so I don't know what did the most good.

(Professor @ Aug. 07 2007,22:flamethrowing:) It is not a substitute for antifreeze to prevent freezing.
My bad. I'm wrong here. Engine Ice does have protection against freezing.

I was thinking of Water Wetter. Water Wetter and products like it will not protect against freezing.

Sorry for my confusion!

I added engine ice and a muzzy and I don't notice any difference. Piece of mind maybe...
rock.gif

(Professor @ Aug. 08 2007,04:46)
(Professor @ Aug. 07 2007,22
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) It is not a substitute for antifreeze to prevent freezing.
My bad. I'm wrong here. Engine Ice does have protection against freezing.

I was thinking of Water Wetter. Water Wetter and products like it will not protect against freezing.

Sorry for my confusion!
Don't feel like the LONE RANGER Professor, My Bad  
sad.gif
. I was also talking about Water Wetter  
wink.gif

Maybe I should read SLOWER and THINK first  
laugh.gif

Back