Electronic Wheelie Control?

To people saying "learn to ride", I say some of us have big motor (big crank, big bore), big shots of nitrous and slicks on a slider around here.... an ROA style anti wheelie control device would be very nice. Pulling timing as opposed to throttle modulation is ideal on a slider clutch. When you're pulling the wheel on a 70" bike with offset clamps at the 1k ft mark and there isn't a damn thing you can do about being a better rider, you'll embrace technology and catch up to the rest of the world ha

I've looked into the NLR ROA, but that is one expensive piece.

Say you install one of these and your up to launch you've got the throttle pegged out as usual because it keeps you from flipping over on your buttocks and it shorts out or just decides not to work then what you attempt a backflip on the busa

usually its the guys saying "just learn to ride" or "i don't all them gizmo's and technology" that butt hurt because they got beat by a guy with the latest high tech parts.

a man once said "Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning. "

usually its the guys saying "just learn to ride" or "i don't all them gizmo's and technology" that butt hurt because they got beat by a guy with the latest high tech parts.

a man once said "Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning. "

I agree! The nitrous bike that use to kick my butt is now looking at the tail lights of an all motor bike - OUCH

A bikes desire to wheelie is based on its
Centre of mass and its front to rear weight bias.
Its also determined by how the torque builds throughout the
Rpm.optimise all that FIRST,then u can look
At torque trimming through ignition,airflow,fuelling.if u use a g
Sensor u can quickly determine a maximum
G gorce rate before a rollout wheelie,u can tune
To that.that makes it a proactive system and
Not a reactive system so wouldnt be an
Issue in any class of racing.if u just go straight to
The wheelie control,your just putting a new
Paintjob on an old car.

Hmmmm....a bunch of BS on here. Any racer I know worth his salt will put on the bike anything he can afford to, to make it quicker. If a wheelie limiter does it, then it goes on the bike. Only losers look down their nose at technology. Then try to come up with excuses for losing. Sorry to be so harsh, but I know real racers (myself included) who don't screw around with winning. It's win or go home!:thumbsup:

Has the manufacture posted any times yet showing the advantages?

I only ask because when the "active handling" came out for the Corvettes..taken from Porsche, I had a first year C5 that did not have it at the time, and the guys who had the newer Z06s claimed that the "active handling" would interfere with their track times. So they were asked to try it on an off...and low and behold with the "active handling" set to "performance" some of the guys were turning in up to 1 sec...huge..lap time differences.

So if this device works as advertised the manufacture should put the same experienced rider on the strip and see if he turns in a faster ET due to the device..then it can be substantiated.

Hmmmm....a bunch of BS on here. Any racer I know worth his salt will put on the bike anything he can afford to, to make it quicker. If a wheelie limiter does it, then it goes on the bike. Only losers look down their nose at technology. Then try to come up with excuses for losing. Sorry to be so harsh, but I know real racers (myself included) who don't screw around with winning. It's win or go home!:thumbsup:

I have a few of these wheelie limiters in stock and they do work especially for the non everyday racer that doesn't want to strap his bike but just come to the track and play and ride right back out the gate with no adjusting of his bike.. They are for bikes with some suspension travel left, not ridgid forks.

Launching is one of my weak points for any bike. I do believe that it's partially do to needing more training from a pro, but I see this device as a way to maybe learn that control and feel of the throttle with less risk. As a training aid it could be good. Nothing can take the place of skill, practice, and training though.

And as for gizmos and junk I agree if it is legal and will help win then people will use it cause winning is money.

Learn to ride without all of the gizmos

I love these kind of people who are stuck in the early technoligy world. I can remember back in the early 90's when I was heavy into bracket racing.
I first installed a throttle stop on the carbs came out to the track running 6.30's from 5.80's (1/8mile) guy came over and said Hey Yankee werent you running in the 5's last week? I said yeah, whats up he asked I said I dunno maybe my motor is going........ well it started running more consistent, after that I was the first to install a slider clutch from MTC and everyone was amazed, NO CLUTCH LEVER?? like riding a mini bike. HAHAHA! man this thing was smooth and deadly consistent running 6.30's 60' foot times were always 1.33X all night. I finally admitted to the throttle stop when they kept asking why my bike slowed down so much.. I heard man you need to let her rip WOT or learn to ride. Later on in the year I installed a delay box, they came over asked what is that electronic gizmo there with all the numbers on it some kinda computer, I just laughed it rides my bike and launches it since I dont know how to ride as good as you,,, they laughed and said if ya cant sling a clutch and race ya aint no rider!! I just laughed as they were running off there dial ins and I would walk up to the tower at the end of the night collecting my winnings! Next year I wore my track championship jacket to the track and said not bad for someone who cant ride. LOL!
They eventually started catching on.
Just last year I rode my SWB street bike no electronics to a Mega Bike Race and pulled off another win 20 years later averaging a .525 reaction and running within .15 of my dial in through the day.
The motto of the story....
Stay up with technoligy and learn to use it to your advantage or you just might be getting loaded up first round by some guy that doesnt know how to ride with gadgets on his bike. :whistle:

wow old thread bump! glad you did though. Has anyone used the Track Mode wheelie control from the ecu editor? Id like a good start point of settings to try out. Can really help out with using the 2 step limiter for some consistent times at the track.

Back