Electronic Wheelie Control?

gsx1300rr

Registered
Has anyone heard of this wheelie control unit from Stedman Motorsports?

Wheelie Control from Stedman Motorsports.com

I was wondering if there is anything else out there like it for our bikes, it seems like a great way to get some solid 1/4 mile times w/out a bar. I'd love to hear some feedback on whether or not its effective. I looked around online and thats the only stand alone wheelie controller I have been able to find. Any thoughts?

Learn to ride without all of the gizmos

Tusche, i'd like to think "I can ride." At the same time you don't want to be "that guy" stuck in 1950 with the carb muscle car afraid to admit the efficiency of new technology. Its a for sure way to get left in the dust :whistle:

without a front and rear wheel speed sensor, all they're doing is electronically limiting your acceleration. when someone puts out a wheel with a little ring and a mag sensor for the front and rear wheel, then i'll pay attention. if you base your traction control on wheel speed differential, it'll work. otherwise, the computer is just guessing.

the company that's makes that wheelie control unit has been around a long time. They're a real benefit for drag racers trying to keep the front end down without all the added visual sensors for wheel speed.
the company makes some that are so small that it would be virtualy impossible to find during an inspection.

Thanks for the input, thats some useful knowledge! I talked w/the owner and the info that I gathered was this...There is a infrared sensor that is placed on the front, then there is an adjustable dial that allows you to control the height that the front wheel rises off the ground. So in essence you could just pin the throttle and the bike will hover to a set height but power will be reduced to stop you from going to far up and loosing speed because you have to let off the throttle to bring the front end down. It kind of sounds like a win/win. Safe and fast.

this is just my personal opinion, but i think there could be something to it. weren't electronic sensors taking over indy/formula so bad they had to ban them?? i know there's something to be said about skill, but when it comes down to it, it's hard to beat this kind of stuff.

Wheelie Controll, Yes it works. I seen a guy at the trac in huntsville Al that could never get down the trac with a good et, His bike has a turbo on it. Always letting out of it cuz of the wheelie almost like he was afraid of it he was running 5.90 with a 540hp bike that should run a lot faster but could not controll the wheelie. The next week he ran right off the trailer 5.40 I thought someone else was on the bike. we talked for a bit found out he bought a wheelie controll unit from stedman could not beleave the results. all day he was running low 5.S. I talked to steadman the next week on the unit, That man knows what he is talking about, I bought one from him off hayabusapartscom we installed it. I could not beleave how easy it is to install and hard to find it on my bike very well hid. This unit works i was running 6.20s and 6.30 in the 8th Im in the 5.s know This is byfar the best investment I have every had on my Bike. If you have any Q about it call stedman

Yea, you gettin kickbacks, duder? Slew rate acceleration limiter is all it is. I wish someome would come up with a decent traction control module for the busa

Its better to able to master the skill on how to handle individual bike especially those who have high hp drag bikes.You never know when the electronic will fail you.:whistle:

Im not really into the high tech stuff. I like my bikes simple, a bit raw and with
a bit more feed back and a wilder edge. No interest in B-modes, Back-torque limiters,
traction control, ABS etc etc. I accept fuel injection as progress but a lot of stuff
to me just seems un-needed extra weight, cost and problems.

Having said that, the new BMW S1000RR is a bloody missile and very high tech.

The 2011 Kwak-10 has an anti-wheelie setting thats supposed to be real
smart. It can tell if its coming up off the torque or off a crest etc etc.
Looking forward to trying it, although not buying it.

You dont have to want high tech to be impressed with it.

Boy you took the thought right out of my mind only you thought abought it before me. Learn to ride without all the GIZZMOS

Many of us do know how to ride but EVERYONE has a different skill level. I went from a 10.8 2 years ago to a recent 8.9 @ 161 MPH (all motor) with gizmos and technology. And to think, I'm 50 and started racing only 3 years ago. Love that technology!! Key point: know your limits! I suck off the line so I designed my bike around that short fall. My top end is soooo wicked. now I need to look into this wheelie control. Maybe I can now get my 60' to 1.45 or 1.5 which should drop me into the 8.8's.

go have a look at "ecu hacking" in there you'll find drag tools part of it is currently being developed in to anti wheelie/wheelspin softwear all accesable from you're 08+ ecu.

Back