Wheelie control

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
I turn to the knowledge of the collective. The question is
Does the gen 2 or specifically does the 2018 have wheelie control. We were talking drag racing this afternoon and I did not know Someone said it didn't two others said it did but only I actually own a Busa and I don't know
Since you people do I suspect some of you can answer the question
Jp

Just a , b , c modes , which will be c slow restricted power , b less restricted power and a all power , no actual launch control .
I guess if you try to take off hard you will find it has clutch hop / judder mode , which is no launch mode ... caused by the horrid semi slipping Suzuki clutch , which needs a Brocks / APE clutch mod , available through our site sponsers ie; Frank etc. .

Just a , b , c modes , which will be c slow restricted power , b less restricted power and a all power , no actual launch control .
I guess if you try to take off hard you will find it has clutch hop / judder mode , which is no launch mode ... caused by the horrid semi slipping Suzuki clutch , which needs a Brocks / APE clutch mod , available through our site sponsers ie; Frank etc. .
I think you meant to say "slipper" clutch didn't you Toad?+
You are quite right though, these clutches do need the mod, have you ever experienced the horrific jumping clutch action when feeding serious rpm through the clutch in 1st gear??
Man, it's like seriously f**ked up, I NEVER attempt to take off under power . . . EVER!!
I really want one of those APE clutch mods, but like everything else, it's on the list and that list grows every day lol.

I think you meant to say "slipper" clutch didn't you Toad?+
You are quite right though, these clutches do need the mod, have you ever experienced the horrific jumping clutch action when feeding serious rpm through the clutch in 1st gear??
Man, it's like seriously f**ked up, I NEVER attempt to take off under power . . . EVER!!
I really want one of those APE clutch mods, but like everything else, it's on the list and that list grows every day lol.
I have bee told the Busa clutch ain't a true slipper clutch ?? Anyway , yes bro , I have indeed experienced the embarrassing stoplight drag , failure to launch and cursed Suzuki for their shitty design in this respect . I got the mod done asap after that . The next street drag after that mod was wild , with victory from the launch to 3rd gear wheelie , just like Busa should . It still pulls up fast , down changing with no lock up , tested on the track that time in NT Hidden Valley 250 kph to 80 kph in 1 pull at a go , each lap .

Doesn’t it have some kind
of traction control that,
if on the most restrictive,
could prevent or lessen
the chance for a wheelie ?

That mode on my new Z
talks about wheelie control
and anti spin features .

Terry is absolutely right about mode " C " reducing the chance of a wheelie ~ the wheels will not spin the same speed *

When you bring the front wheel up while accelerating ~ the rear wheel will try to roll faster as the front goes upward *

Terry is absolutely right about mode " C " reducing the chance of a wheelie ~ the wheels will not spin the same speed *

When you bring the front wheel up while accelerating ~ the rear wheel will try to roll faster as the front goes upward *

Thanks Red, I stand corrected! :crazy:
I always thought Mode C was only a reduction in power, but still able to wheelie if you really want to. :firing:
I'm gonna look for technical info on this subject, you've got me thinking. :redface:
Ok, so here it is.
https://www.motoroids.com/news/special-edition-suzuki-hayabusa-gets-traction-control-3-drive-modes/
The Special Edition 2013 model is equipped with 'Traction Control',

Last edited:
Thanks Red, I stand corrected! :crazy:
I always thought Mode C was only a reduction in power, but still able to wheelie if you really want to. :firing:
I'm gonna look for technical info on this subject, you've got me thinking. :redface:
Ok, so here it is.
https://www.motoroids.com/news/special-edition-suzuki-hayabusa-gets-traction-control-3-drive-modes/
The Special Edition 2013 model is equipped with 'Traction Control',

Japanese release only it says so i guess thats why its not commonly known ?

But not locked the wheel up on downshifts . The Busa clutch is supposed to slip and does , but I have been told that it is not a true slipper clutch , and would like verification is all .

Oh, I've locked the wheels up a few times on accident too. Especially in traffic downshifting to filter. The first few times, my heart jumped out of my chest. I was just ready to jump if I slid into the back of a car lmao.

I've only truly worked on cars before this hayabusa, so everything I do something, its first time experience. I don't have much mechanically experience here, so I can't tell you for sure what everything is, and if you lived closer, I'd let you take the bike apart so you can look for yourself. But the wheels did lock up several times and it was pretty scary lol.

You might have to blip the throttle as you downshift !! I am also no expert on mechanics , If you ever come over the pond Hauie , I also be happy to meet you bro !!:thumbsup:
Oh, I've locked the wheels up a few times on accident too. Especially in traffic downshifting to filter. The first few times, my heart jumped out of my chest. I was just ready to jump if I slid into the back of a car lmao.

I've only truly worked on cars before this hayabusa, so everything I do something, its first time experience. I don't have much mechanically experience here, so I can't tell you for sure what everything is, and if you lived closer, I'd let you take the bike apart so you can look for yourself. But the wheels did lock up several times and it was pretty scary lol.

You might have to blip the throttle as you downshift !! I am also no expert on mechanics , If you ever come over the pond Hauie , I also be happy to meet you bro !!:thumbsup:

Where are you from toad? But you're right. I didn't really blip the throttle when I first got the bike.

Last edited:
BAM.... u nailed it toad.

Where are you from toad? But you're right. I didn't really blip the throttle when I first got the bike.
Australia mate , South Australia , in the very bottom middle of continent , I live in Adelaide , the states capital city . About 1.5 million city dwellers , and beautiful swimming beaches , and great hills roads . Starting to get a little too crowded , the roads included , and plenty of cops on the roads , which is not the best !!

Back