Electrical gurus, got some ?'s for ya

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
Okay, so I'm in the process of cutting the shovel off of a stock undertray and installing an integrated led tail light/signal. I know all of the conventional and some of the unconventional ways to slow down the flash but I wanted something different. The holes that the side reflectors are bolted through were bent up and oversized when I bought the spare undertray and I had some spare flushmount incandecent?(regular flasher bulbs) signals laying around. Now, I have already fit the flushmounts to the area where the reflectors mounted before. If my line of thinking is correct, and it's probably not, I can wire the regular signal in line with the led and then use the regular signals ground wire to connect to the electrical ground on the harness thereby slowing the flash of the led and lighting the extra flushmount. No resistor needed, no flasher relay thing, just an extra signal added in-line to each side. Will that work? Is my line of thinking on the wiring correct?

Sorry for the essay.....

So is my wiring good to go then? Negatives from the regular bulbs to the electrical ground on the harness?

Well, everything worked perfectly. I prefer not to cut into wiring harnesses (just in case I feel like going back to stock) and so I did all of the work after the connectors. Everything is soldered and heat shrunk like any good electrical mod should be. This combo rules, LEDS that are super bright and smaller side signals that give me more visability at night!

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

Back