DIY LED Flasher Mod

Dear omslaw, I have discovered my wrongful ways, and after another FULL read of your excellent report, I forgot that your's was for 4 led or more. I have only the back LED and the regular bulbs upfront. I fixed my problem by dumping the ground wire and changing to a 552LL (Long Life). I hope nobody thinks I thought your post was in anyway wrong. Sorry...:agree::banghead:

Hi Giger,
I installed a new undertail and my blinkers now blink fast on my 2005 Busa. I've got incandescent in front and led's in the new undertail. I read your post and it seems like you have the same setup as me. I'm thinking of installing the flasher and I'm wondering how it's working for you and was it hard to do?

For what it is worth. I bought the Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brake Light, and I did the front turn signal modification to LED's. I purchased the Electronic Flasher from CLEAR ALTERNATIVES for around $29.00. It works but it always sounds like I have the blinker on. I tried this modification, and it fits better, only sounds when blinker is on, and I purchased the FLASHER for $8.00. It is a great solution to LED flasher problem. Thanks for the help

Here's my input on Gen2's.

I had a 552 electronic flasher laying around so I used it. No biggie, cut and spliced wires. I also changed to 1157 sockets up front and wired it up. All works perfect....parking lights, signals, etc.

On to the tail of the bike. I swap them out with some 1157 sockets and some LED 1157 bulbs. Now no more flashing. When I click a signal, my switchback go off and my rear signals come on, but but no flashing. I'm willing to bet there's not enough load on the flasher so need to swap it out for an LED electronic flasher and "should" work. Just need to do it now. :)

I've tried a couple different flashers from parts stores, but nothing. My Gen1 worked fine but had alot more LEDs so more of a load. I guess these 4 bulbs won't pull enough current. I've looked at several stores for LED flasher, but nothing.

Anyone got a recommended brand since I gotta order online anyways?

nice right up Omar maybe i should get you to come over to do the wiring on my bike since im not very good at that???:thumbsup:

hey guys! i just did this mod using napa auto part EP-34 witch is made by tridon and is for led application works great! 18$cad

thanks for the tut!!

omslaw,

Thanks for the tutorial on this mod.

I went with an integrated taillight after installing high mount HMF pipes. This was the fix for the fast signal rate I had after the integrated taillight install. I didn't like the idea of the resisters and the heat from them for the alternate fix, your fix is vastly superior.

Thanks!!!

I just finished this mod on my 99, I also had the orange wire with a green tracer instead of the brown wire, but same location in the block.
I have regular 1156 amber bulbs up front and led in the rear, flash rate is MUCH better, and everything works great.
Thanks for the excellent write up.:bowdown:

Can anyone confirm which flasher to use for LED's for the rear turn signals only?

The way I'm reading this it appears I need the 552LL and if I had LED fronts as well I'd need the EP35. Right? ???

It's a 03 and I'm trying to use a CA integrated tail light. Fronts are stock.

EP35 will work for both front and rear LED turn signals or just rear LED or just front LEDs.
You do not have to have all 4 turn signals LEDs

Just came across this in the hunt for how to wire my switch backs, gonna get to going on this!

Its a nice mod to do :thumbsup:

DSC08003.jpg

Works great on the B-King too. I just changed over to LED 1157's on all four corners. Thanks Ohmslaw. :beerchug:

killer write up Thank You!!!I just did this with my 02 busa and my wires were light blue and orange with a green tracer.I have regular amber 1156's in the front and a chineese led rear light,I also love the clicking when the blinker is on.Thanks again,JP:thumbsup:

Back