Drop pegs

busa_berto

Registered
So this past Sunday I came to the conclusion that I'm either too tall, too fat, or too old for extended periods of time on my gen 3 lol I did a little over 250miles in one day- which is a lot for me, but also not as much as I've heard some of you will do in one day ( i.e monkeybutt lol) ..and my legs were cramping...pretty bad lol.

So my question is drop pegs...worth it? Is the 1 inch drop really that big of a help?

I do not want to come to terms with the fact that I can't enjoy my busa for more then just zipping around town. I need to hit the open road!

Thoughts. Concerns. Ridicule. All of the above is appreciated. Thank you

So this past Sunday I came to the conclusion that I'm either too tall, too fat, or too old for extended periods of time on my gen 3 lol I did a little over 250miles in one day- which is a lot for me, but also not as much as I've heard some of you will do in one day ( i.e monkeybutt lol) ..and my legs were cramping...pretty bad lol.

So my question is drop pegs...worth it? Is the 1 inch drop really that big of a help?

I do not want to come to terms with the fact that I can't enjoy my busa for more then just zipping around town. I need to hit the open road!

I find the "Chinesium" 1" drop pegs I put on my gen 2 helped....there are lots of different styles to suit your taste too

It would all depend on how tall you are as to how much they can do...

I found that I am indeed too fat for stock pegs, but too short for the 40mm drop pegs lol. I mounted them and they were comfy, then took them right back off because I felt like I was losing too much mobility. YMMV

I wish I could find a drop set with the rubber pads. That would be ideal. But im guessing I might just have to buy the chinesiums and test em out and chalk it up as a loss if they don't make a difference

I know these are not for everyone but here is my drop pegs with rubber pads and they work great for me. Take a look at thread “List all your Gen 3 mods” post #26 that explains more in depth, basically I bought a drop set and a rubber padded set and did a little machining to combine the two. I’ll be happy to walk you through the process if you need.

51861E28-9024-4139-B31B-FEC6FF6B0F51.jpeg

6425F730-660C-46E7-8538-3A369D4FBCCB.jpeg

Now this is all for my gen 2 since I'm not lucky enough to own a gen 3.I'm a bigger guy and have a tendency to stand up and stretch on my legs and was real sure about trusting the ones like @Bumblebee uses with my weight standing on them so I spent the money on the knight design 1 inch drop pegs and I have to say they made a world of difference for me. That along with my helibars and my best mod ever the saddlemen gel channel seat I find I can do 300 plus mile days if I so want and have the time. I've switched over to my stock pegs for a couple rides that I was planning on getting aggressive on and out had my knees hurting within the hour but it was one of those pains that enjoyment trumped but couldn't do it everyday again.

Now this is all for my gen 2 since I'm not lucky enough to own a gen 3.I'm a bigger guy and have a tendency to stand up and stretch on my legs and was real sure about trusting the ones like @Bumblebee uses with my weight standing on them so I spent the money on the knight design 1 inch drop pegs and I have to say they made a world of difference for me. That along with my helibars and my best mod ever the saddlemen gel channel seat I find I can do 300 plus mile days if I so want and have the time. I've switched over to my stock pegs for a couple rides that I was planning on getting aggressive on and out had my knees hurting within the hour but it was one of those pains that enjoyment trumped but couldn't do it everyday again.
My pegs are very strong, I'm mid 200 lbs in gear and I have had zero issues in 4 yrs of ownership....

Back