Extension for rear brake pedal and maybe shifter

Cruising180

Registered
With my lowering pegs I have the dogbone that drops them is about 10-15mm thick. So what I'm having to do is cant my right foot in more than I'd like. I've found clamp on extensions for BMWs and some Hondas but that's about it. Anyone know if something like that exists? The shifter is less of an issue but if that was just a tad longer that would beee grrrrreat, thaaaanks.

So you are talking about the length of the rubber covered pin you put your toe under on the shifter, and the width of the brake pedal pad your foot pushes down, correct?
Not the actual length of the pedal or shifter from their pivot point?
I have currently been looking for a similiar solution, as I am back and forth between 25 and 40mm drop pegs for my Gsxr1k.
I don't have the shifter clearance problem of the Gen3 Busa, but as you say, the drop peg will push both feet out slightly wider.
I have been looking at cheap rearsets, and combining drop pegs.
Some of the rearsets have flat bars for the shifter and brake pedal arms, and the tips of each thread or bolt to the arm, so wider arm tips could be machined easily.
I would like some quality rearsets too, and plan to eventually, but I would rather hack and mod a $70 ebay china copy first, in the hopes of coming up with the right comfort and clearance.
I know an inch to 1.5" drop will have them dragging corners, lol.
If I find anything aftermarket than has potential, I'll post it here.
And I am activel looking for the best solution...as my knees Really like the drop.
Good luck with your search.

So you are talking about the length of the rubber covered pin you put your toe under on the shifter, and the width of the brake pedal pad your foot pushes down, correct?
Not the actual length of the pedal or shifter from their pivot point?
I have currently been looking for a similiar solution, as I am back and forth between 25 and 40mm drop pegs for my Gsxr1k.
I don't have the shifter clearance problem of the Gen3 Busa, but as you say, the drop peg will push both feet out slightly wider.
I have been looking at cheap rearsets, and combining drop pegs.
Some of the rearsets have flat bars for the shifter and brake pedal arms, and the tips of each thread or bolt to the arm, so wider arm tips could be machined easily.
I would like some quality rearsets too, and plan to eventually, but I would rather hack and mod a $70 ebay china copy first, in the hopes of coming up with the right comfort and clearance.
I know an inch to 1.5" drop will have them dragging corners, lol.
If I find anything aftermarket than has potential, I'll post it here.
And I am activel looking for the best solution...as my knees Really like the drop.
Good luck with your search.
Yes I want to make the part especially on the brake that you psychically step on with your foot to be longer by like 10mm. For me it's my left hip and I have no idea why lol. I have badish knees from years of skateboarding but my hips have never bothered me until now.

Yes I want to make the part especially on the brake that you psychically step on with your foot to be longer by like 10mm. For me it's my left hip and I have no idea why lol. I have badish knees from years of skateboarding but my hips have never bothered me until now.

Aftermarket rearsets, with custom length tips made at a machine shop would be the easiest way, as those parts are removeable on most all aftermarket rearsets.

Aftermarket rearsets, with custom length tips made at a machine shop would be the easiest way, as those parts are removeable on most all aftermarket rearsets.
I'm not looking to spend rearset money though. I don't feel it would be worth it for what's really more of an inconvenience than anything. I just saw that they make them for other bikes and was hoping someone made them for the Busa too.

Back