Adjust foot controls (brake/shifter) ??

tophog

Registered
Can the shifter and foot brake controls be rotated/adjusted down so I don't have to lift my feet off pegs to brake or get foot situated on shift lever? Maybe I'm not very flexible but I have a hard time bending my ankles enough to work controls easily. I already installed aftermarket pegs that give me about an 1" more room but found after I got tobin seats I'm right back where I started as I sit down further now. If the the controls can't be rotated then I'll live with it. If it can be done is it difficult?

The shifter rod can be "fine" adjusted by loosening the lock nuts on the link from the foot control and the gearshaft lever attachment, then turn the link rod and retighten the lock nuts. For more coarse adjustments, you need to move the shifter by one spline. I believe the brake does not have a fine adjustment, you need to move it by one spline.

Yep, thats how you do it. I would like a tobin seat, but can't stand the lower riding position.

I think you can fine adjust the brake lever. There is a nut below the brake resevoir, behind the foot guard, that you turn and it adjusts the lever up and down.

One word: VORTEX.
I just did my first long ride (243 miles) on a new Tobin seat and I'll be adjusting the shift side down one and the brake lever down and back one notch. A set of metric hex keys and in a few minutes your good to go.

Back