Buell pegs and rear brake

drhooligan

Registered
I installed the Buell Pegs, much better on the legs but the rear brake foot lever is too high. I adjusted it down slightly but there isn't much room for adjustment. How can I lower my rear brake pedal more?

you have to cut the bolt down. then it can adjust more.
beerchug.gif

(drhooligan @ Aug. 21 2007,19:37) I installed the Buell Pegs, much better on the legs but the rear brake foot lever is too high. I adjusted it down slightly but there isn't much room for adjustment. How can I lower my rear brake pedal more?
Ranman is correct. The threads at the bottom of the adjuster bolt have 2 machined sides. Cut that area off of the bolt. (approx. 3/16 of an inch). I include this mod with the pegs that I'm selling on this site. Good luck. IF you have further questions prior to doing this,..........email me at jotam2006@yahoo.com with your cell number and I'll call you,........and walk you through it. L8R

Joe

(drhooligan @ Aug. 21 2007,19:37) I installed the Buell Pegs, much better on the legs but the rear brake foot lever is too high. I adjusted it down slightly but there isn't much room for adjustment. How can I lower my rear brake pedal more?
AND don't forget to adjust the rear brake switch or your brake light will stay on all the time. Another adjustment I include in my manual with these pegs.

I just cust the end of the adjustment bolt off with a dremel and cutting wheel. Worked perfect. Brake pedal now adjusted and in the correct, comfortable spot for me. This is really a great modification. It works waaaaay better than just cutting the rubber from the stock pegs.

Many thanks for the advice on this mod guys. This web site is phenomenal!

glad i searched this. i put my buell pegs on yesterday love the feel but needed to see what i need to do to adjust the brake pedal more. now i know. can't wait for my helibars to get here. i think this will be so much more pleasing since I've hit 40

Back