Drinking soda linked to depression

I'm a Dew-aholic and diagnosed as not quite right, I'm sure plenty of folks here will vouch for that, and I haven't shot up anything but a range full of paper.
People do evil, crazy things and that'll never change. I don't recall Count Vlad Dracul having to many Pepsi's with dinner and he did a pretty decent job of killing thousands in the most gruesome of ways. I wish we could just say its Soda, ban soda and nobody else would shoot up schools and malls, but there is not Magic Bullet. Pun most certainly intended. :laugh:

I truly think the meds these guys are on have something to do with teh incidents of mass killings. Why are these records not being made public?

My name is Robert and I'm a sodaohlic. Not to make light of my addicted brothers and sisters. I drink soda 95% of the time I'm drinking. :banghead:

I'm not sure that soda impacts depression, unless of course you drink a case of full test sugar loaded sodas a day, do zero exercise beyond getting your fat azz off the couch to get another soda. Then of course you could be depressed because you have grown to a size that prevents you from a "normal" life.

That aside, there are far more dangers to drinking sodas than the depression risk. The full test ones are really like powering down several tablespoons of sugar at once for each 12oz. The diet ones have chemicals in them that simulates sugar, many of them vary the types of sugar alternatives but they do all have their drawbacks. Its been proven that drinking excessive full test dark sodas can increase your chances of kidney stones and bone density issues. They say the "throwback" variations of the products are actually better for you than anything because the pure beet sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup. Who knows, we'll be long gone before they really figure it all out and ban all sodas :whistle:

That said, I drink my diet pepsi and water, fairly equal parts really. As with anything, I think if you do it in moderation you will be just fine. :beerchug:

Correlation is not causation!

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/01/could-diet-soda-cause-clinical-depression/

"This type of suggested link between two seemingly unrelated factors is an ideal time to bring up the difference between causation and correlation. Do the ingredients in both diet sodas and normally-sweetened drinks trigger changes in brain chemistry that lead to depression? Or are people with the tendency to become depressed simply more likely to drink these beverages in the first place?"

Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

cheers
ken

I truly think the meds these guys are on have something to do with teh incidents of mass killings. Why are these records not being made public?

They are not made public because the Pharmaceutical industry would implode on all the trillions of dollars in litigation that would be paid out. Look up Pharmaceutical industry Lobbyists and see what their slimy snake job description shows.

Beer and soda have water. Is that close enough.

My question is were, these people labeled with depression which happened to be the diagnosis of the day? Also what are the social demographics for those in this study?

They are not made public because the Pharmaceutical industry would implode on all the trillions of dollars in litigation that would be paid out. Look up Pharmaceutical industry Lobbyists and see what their slimy snake job description shows.

Short sighted and ignorant. I'm sure People with major depressive disorders, manic episodes, schizophrenic episodes, bipolar disorders, etc, wold be MUCH better off without being medically treated to help them minimize and correct their chemical imbalance. Yea, right?! Cause its all about the evil pharma empire!

Let me guess, the NRA lobbyists are a-ok though right?

On a related note,......I've heard having to wake up in the morning is also directly linked to depression. As is long hours on the job, and high taxes. :laugh:

because of my kidney stone recently i quit drinking coffee ( 5-6 cups a day) and soda ( 2-3 a day) for the last three weeks,, but i am more depressed now!! WTF:laugh::laugh:

Back