Lets Just Give EVERYONE Guns!

Sir,

I have to question your intent for making this post. I have read and re-read the article you linked to 7 times and nowhere does it mention this person who is obviously mentally ill was "committed to a mental institution (7) times" as you state.

This leads me to several possible conclusions.

You cannot read.
You cannot read without hallucinating words and numbers that are not there.
You may be mentally ill and should never own a gun.

I hope both you and he get the help you so desperately need!

anyone who thinks are system isnt a complete JOKE when a mentally ill man who has been committed to a mental institution (7) times can buy an AR15 and 400 rounds of ammo to go on a killing spree at a movie theater and walmart needs to stop drinking the koolaid...:whistle:

our system is such a JOKE! (7) times in a mental institution and just walks into a store and buys an AR15 and 400 rounds of ammo to go murder innocent people. I can definately see why people would not want to enhance the background process when purchasing guns cause we surely need people like this walking around with an AR15....:whistle:

"Despite purchasing 400 rounds of ammunition, Lammers allegedly told police that he feared running out of ammunition."

"So he decided that he would go and shoot people at Walmart in Bolivar," according to court documents. "Blaec Lammers stated that he would walk into the store and just start shooting people at random and if he ran out of ammunition . . . he would just break the glass where the ammunition is stored and get some more and keep on shooting until police arrived. Blaec Lammers then stated that he would then turn himself into police when they arrived."

One rifle was purchased on Monday while the second was bought on Tuesday. Court documents did not state where Lammers made the purchases.

Lammers said he had been to a shooting range in Aldrich to practice using the rifles.

"Blaec Lammers stated that he had never shot a gun before and wanted to make sure he knew how they functioned," according to court documents.

According to court documents, Lammers had stopped taking medication for a mental condition when he began plotting the mass killings.

Missouri police foil mass murder plot at `Twilight show, Walmart - CBS 5 - KPHO

This is getting good. :laugh: :popcorn:

Go get him GN... he called you an' illiterate,hallucinating,mentally ill person. :rofl:

RSD.

How you look and what race/color you are is immaterial (EXACTLY correct); that comment was made in response to the other poster..

IF the rabid crazy Anti-Gun people in Congress would have made a SEPARATE proposal to add mental health data (and there'd have to be a 'triggering event' (suicide iteration, past institutionalization, etc. with a means to appeal that justified it) to the existing laws, I think you would have seen the NRA support it and it would have passed on it's own merits. Even I and Chris would probably support it. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if you had to take a drug test.

But that's not what they did, is it? Nope, they went for broke, tried to force their hand and they LOST THE RESPECT OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. We are ALL for keeping guns out of the hands of people who have PROVEN they shouldn't have them; the difference between you and me is that I'm not willing to trample the right of AMERICAN CITIZENS to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS to protect themselves from both CRIMINALS, CRAZIES and TYRANNY.
Considering YOU get to carry one because of your status seems a little hypocritical. What happens the day you have to turn yours in, and after a decade or more of LE experience, you are no longer considered trustworthy to have one too?

I "liked" this post - HOWEVER, I LOVE THIS POST!!!!! :thumbsup:

The NRA has ALWAYS supporting fixing the mental health system to help keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them

areas with a crack head or criminal low life trying to rob him for his car or flat screen tv but now he said he's a little apprehensive about mall food courts and or a public place where there is a mass gathering and people can be bottle necked in. We finally agreed that "The world aint what it used to be" times are changing and we need to adapt with them, whats worked in the past isn't necessarily gonna work now or in the future....... We need to do more

Difference is that now you can be almost assured that 99% of the people in the crowd are unarmed victims. When more LAW ABIDING citizens take more responsibility for their own safety, and stop relying on someone else (police/govt/store owners) to make them safe, criminals won’t have a chance. How far would a mass murder get if 50% or even 25% of the law abiding citizens they were trying to murder were armed? Not saying they will stop, they will not get far, or will just switch to bombs or something….

When you un-load a clip into bambi,aren't you worried you'll chip a tooth at dinner?
Assault rifles...get 'em before they are illegal. :thumbsup: Because they are totally necessary for the zombie apocalypse.:laugh:

Not to try to pick on one person, but this attitude really does annoy me. It is fine if you don’t agree with my view point, but you are totally missing it!! I don’t own guns for hunting, or for zombies, I own them for 2 reasons, 1) they are fun to shoot 2) self-defense (btw 2 includes criminals and the govt, not that I’m a big conspiracy guy, I just don’t trust em, look at when Katrina happened and the govt took guns away from EVERYONE!)

Hunting has nothing to do with needing to own guns. The second amendment was put in place to allow the people to be able to overthrow a tyrannical government, not to hunt. Everyone forgets that! The govt taking them from everyone is what this was put in place to prevent. I’m not saying that the mentally ill should have them, but I’m also saying that I’m not sure I trust the govt to decide who gets them. If we give them this power, they will slowly include more and more people over time, until almost no one is allowed to have them. History shows this. I will admit that I don’t have a good answer for this one, but still don’t trust the Govt to do what is right, at least for long….

this guy isnt even a gun guy. he could probably give a rats azz about the 2nd ammendment but because our gun laws are such a pathetic joke he decided that the easist way for him to carry out a mass murder was to go into a gun store and buy and assault rifle with 400 rounds of ammo and then plot out his murder of dozens of innocent people.
So if that was not available, he would have gotten it somewhere else, or changed his plan to a bomb or something. Sure he should not have gotten a gun, but even if he did not, do you think it would have changed anything? He would not have just chosen a different direction? Or magically have become a model citizen?

this jackass has never even shot a gun before but because our our pathetic system of ensuring guns get into EVERYONES hands no matter what the reason he almost carried out his plot. if it wasnt for his parents I cant even imagine how many innocent DEAD children there would have been in the next week or year or whenever he got around to it at walmart of wherever else he planned on going if his parents had not stepped in to do the right thing. ?
They sure don’t get into everyone’s hands…. Right now there are too many honest citizens that DON’T have them, because they don’t feel they need them, but this is why they do. “The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothingâ€

the NRA is the worst contributor to our gun problems in this country. they are the ENABLERS. heaven forbit the NRA push for stricter background checks on whack-jobs like this moron. wat a joke!
Soooooo wrong!! :) The problem is in the reality of the details. If it were possible for good, fair background checks, they are for them! The problem is, the Govt will run these checks, which means that the Govt gets to say who does and does not get to own them. The more freely we give them this power, the more of it they will take. Over time, they will “allow†less and less of us to have them.

its not reasonable to think we are going to outlaw guns. not gonna happen ever.
Another quote that I HATE HEARING!!!
Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
Don’t forget some elected officials WANT NOTHING LESS. We are losing rights a little at a time, they can’t get away with taking them all at once, so they chip away at them, and keep telling everyone it is not ever gonna happen, as it gets closer and closer.

You are not going to catch everyone that is plotting to murder someone. I’d like to lessen the damage.

I’m not a conspiracy nut, a gun nut, or a vigilante, but I do think the govt is power hungry, and cannot be trusted over a long period of time, even if initial intentions are good (maybe the guy in office now won’t abuse whatever the new thing is they are trying to do, but the next guy may). I also realize the police do more crime investigation than prevention. They CAN’T do anything until a crime has been committed, by then it can be too late. Take some personal responsibility for your own safety, or at least if you don’t want to, allow me to. You never know, I may be the guy next to you in the food court when the shooting starts!!! Wouldn't you rather me be armed?

I’m not a conspiracy nut
Of course not.:rofl:

You never know, I may be the guy next to you in the food court when the shooting starts!!! Wouldn't you rather me be armed?
When I took my CHL course in Texas (about to be only 4 hours by the way), the majority of people taking it with me had never even held a gun. Every one of us passed. Do I want you to be armed and "the guy next to me in the food court when the shooting starts?" If you're one of the people who passed, had never held a gun before, and doubtless has not practiced with one since, no...I really don't! I'd be at more risk from you than anyone.

No, actually a really normal person. I have spent some time in the Navy reserves and really don’t even shoot all that much, but feel very strongly in our rights, and see them slowly degrading over time. I also see guns being demonized in normal society, and more and more people unarmed, making it so incredibly easy to victimize them.

Not that I’m a history buff either, but if you spend any time looking into the founding of this country, or the history of what governments do, it is obvious that any of our founding fathers would think we need a revolution right now (not saying I think that). Remember, in their time, they were all traders, and nuts (many people did not want a revolution, or did not care). If they saw career politicians with no connection to how normal people live, and the amount of $$ getting thrown around, along with the huge restrictions put on us, they would be sick.

Can anyone honestly say you really trust the govt 100% ? (they give themselves raises with your money and exempt themselves from things they require of you)
I don’t, and I think that makes me a realist, and not a sheep or a nut.

(yes I know you were probably kidding :) )

If someone looked in from the outside,there is no fuggin' way they would believe we all came together for the love of a motorcycle. :laugh:

There is just NO WAY.

RSD.

No, actually a really normal person. I have spent some time in the Navy reserves and really don’t even shoot all that much, but feel very strongly in our rights, and see them slowly degrading over time. I also see guns being demonized in normal society, and more and more people unarmed, making it so incredibly easy to victimize them.

Not that I’m a history buff either, but if you spend any time looking into the founding of this country, or the history of what governments do, it is obvious that any of our founding fathers would think we need a revolution right now (not saying I think that). Remember, in their time, they were all traders, and nuts (many people did not want a revolution, or did not care). If they saw career politicians with no connection to how normal people live, and the amount of $$ getting thrown around, along with the huge restrictions put on us, they would be sick.

Can anyone honestly say you really trust the govt 100% ? (they give themselves raises with your money and exempt themselves from things they require of you)
I don’t, and I think that makes me a realist, and not a sheep or a nut.

(yes I know you were probably kidding :) )

Trust the gub'ment? But we the people ARE the government. Ironic eh? :whistle:

RSD.

Anyone notice that semi-automatic firearms are now referred to as AUTOMATIC firearms by the media? Hmmmmmm.

When I took my CHL course in Texas (about to be only 4 hours by the way), the majority of people taking it with me had never even held a gun. Every one of us passed. Do I want you to be armed and "the guy next to me in the food court when the shooting starts?" If you're one of the people who passed, had never held a gun before, and doubtless has not practiced with one since, no...I really don't! I'd be at more risk from you than anyone.

really? more than the guy with the "assault weapon" trying to kill you? BTW I do shoot, and am a decent shot (probably better than most criminals, they are notoriously bad shots). Sorry I feel better with the person not TRYING TO KILL ME having the gun, than the one that is.... :)

yes, I know some people maybe should not, mentally ill, old (talking confused, or physically not able) ect, but it is a very difficult problem in how to define who gets them, and who gets to make and interpret that definition. What sounds good/reasonable now will get twisted in the future.

Trust the gub'ment? But we the people ARE the government. Ironic eh? :whistle:

RSD.

What do you mean WE, Canadian citizen :)

Anyone notice that semi-automatic firearms are now referred to as AUTOMATIC firearms by the media? Hmmmmmm.

Control the definition of something, you control the conversation. Same as "Assault Rifle" now seems to equate "fully-automatic military weapon" with "semi-automatic civilian firearm that visually looks like military fully-automatic version but isn't"

Sir,

I have to question your intent for making this post. I have read and re-read the article you linked to 7 times and nowhere does it mention this person who is obviously mentally ill was "committed to a mental institution (7) times" as you state.

This leads me to several possible conclusions.

You cannot read.
You cannot read without hallucinating words and numbers that are not there.
You may be mentally ill and should never own a gun.

I hope both you and he get the help you so desperately need!

Careful, I believe Gnbrett owns a gun and a badge! :moderator:

What do you mean WE, Canadian citizen :)

Control the definition of something, you control the conversation. Same as "Assault Rifle" now seems to equate "fully-automatic military weapon" with "semi-automatic civilian firearm that visually looks like military fully-automatic version but isn't"

i always talk like an' American...I just want to fit in and feel loved. :love: :laugh:

RSD.

I don't know if you can tell but I am agreeing with you. The impossible is just that, impossible. Fact! Why waste time on it, it is irrelevant to the problem at hand. Lets press on and fix our problems with real, thought out solutions instead of politicking, fear mongering, nationalist, rice bowl protecting, bleeding heart rhetoric!

Just to be clear, i was responding in general and not refering to any one post specificaly. sorry if you thought that

Back