Just reflecting back to do you remember when

ah yes... the 45's on the record player... the 8 tracks in the car... the "cliker" type remotes in my house but go next door to grandmas and they actually had to get up to change the channel. DRIVE IN MOVIES!! hangin the speaker on the window or getting the lawn chairs out and sitting outside the car. Sheesh.. i could go on.. it is just me or did things seem much simpler back then...
rock.gif

Remember "Creature Feature"... the best B rated horror movies around.. Saturday right after the cartoons...
How about "Sunday at the Matinee" you get a cartoon and a movie...
Wow... thanks for taking me back to the days when I didn't have any more worries than when to get together with the other kids on the block for some stick ball or stoop ball...

How about reading encyclopedia brown!
On the fourth of July time of year we would light those stupid black hockey pucks and it would make a black snake.  That would keep us interested for hours!  Heres a few more!  Walter Payton  Bjorn Borg
Tracy Austin  The Cincinnati Reds were good!  Man I feel old!  Thank goodness I still look young!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

and ... Hot Wheels, Klick Klacks, bama pies, and a giant bag of penny candy for like .37 cents.

Okay, I didn't think I was that old until I read that list.... now I am bummed....:(  I just turned 35 and have done everything on that list...except I never had a mullett, but laugh at a lot of people who did
tounge.gif
 and burning ants, or feeding ants to spiders, that was an all time favorite of me and my brothers
rock.gif
 were you the guy down the street? You forgot something... catching those stinky harmless snakes..(garter snakes or something like that) and frogs
smile.gif
Now just maybe so. Lansing yu?

JD

Can I chime in here?...

Three Stooges
Our Gang/Little Rascals
Laurel & Hardy
Speed Racer
Johnny Quest
Gadabout Gaddis (fishing show)
Mutual Of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom"
Jungle Jim
Tarzan
Old Yeller
Candy Wax Bottles with the colored sugar water in'em
Woolworths Dept. Stores w/ a soda counter
Considered "Well Off" if ya had a "Color" TV
Mak'in slingshots with a y branch and inner tube
Building your first soap box racer out of whatever you could find
Real fights at the bus stop (now they dance at each other) LOL!
If ya said a cuss word at noon the whole neighbourhood knew by dinner
If ya did sumpt'in bad it might not be your actual parents that warm that azz
Ya didn't hafta have a leash to take your dog for a walk (only the rich w poodles did that)
Nobody got shot on "Mischief Night"
Paper Roll Cap Guns
Lincoln Logs
Erector Set
Etcha-Sketch
Battling Tops
Clothspinning Baseball Cards to your Bicycle Spokes
Watching "Soul Train" with your girlfriend..just to watch her dance. LOL!
Youth Night at Civic Centers

ahhhh....the good o'le days.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145794805 -->

Neato !!!
Outer Limits
Bozo the Clown
Howdy Doody Show
Hiding under the bed when the Dr did house calls.
Pedaling as fast as you could down hill and locking up the rear wheel trying to make the worlds longest skid mark.
Playing with the neihbors sprinkler-- getting in trouble---
she puts the sprinkler [in] her husbands hot rod [still connected to the hose] Yep i really did--walking towards the faucet
firedevil.gif

Amazed that my dad took the 58 Edsel to the Drags ,came home with the shoe polish ET on the window
Hanging at the YMCA
Trying to get into the engine compartment of the jet in the park.
Seeing a dog with rabies and foaming at the mouth.
10.00 COX u-line airplanes-- yep 10.00 dollars
Cox story--Dad bought me one at Lake Tahoe 6000' would not fly with full lenght lines--- shortend to half-- then back home at sea level---walked to a bank parking lot-- fired it up
went round and round so fast got soooo dizzy i had to let it go-- and watch it smash into a brick wall [priceless]
Horse playing with a girl on the lawn and bumping my elbow
into something very soft ---
Okie Doky...

ices_rofl.gif
Damnit man... I can remember pretty much all of the above listings! Guess it's good that I can still remember them anyways~ BTW: Hanging out at the Y was cool until the Village People decided to sing about it... then it was to the Recreation Center for a game of 8ball or Carrom!
biggrin.gif

ok now i feel really ......young....lol...j/k i can remember all of them...but living in rural america...alot of the "social" activitys wiere simply hideing in the woods makeing funny sounds at each other and playing hide and seek

No one remembers CHiP's
rock.gif

Deen deen dee dent dah

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1399"|1145811570 -->

How about this:

I can remember when it took $3.00 ($0.25/gallon) to fill up the gas tank in my first car (a 1970 Maverick)!  Might have been a "gas war" at the time.  Remember those?  Also remember digging for loose change to get gas at those prices as well.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|A'Busa'd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145832448 -->

how about on sundays the only cartoons on was underdog and the rocky and bulwinkel show!!!!!!!!!!! man was life good then hardest choice was kapn crunch or count chocula:D

Back